FIFA Club World Cup 2019 Semi-Final – Flamengo vs Al Hilal Preview & Prediction
When does Flamengo vs Al Hilal kick off? Tuesday, December 17th (17:30 UK / 20:30 local)
Where is Flamengo vs Al Hilal being played? Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium, Doha
What TV channel is Flamengo vs Al Hilal on? Flamengo vs Al Hilal will be televised live on BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website
Where can I stream Flamengo vs Al Hilal? Flamengo vs Al Hilal will be streamed live on BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website
Where can I get tickets for Flamengo vs Al Hilal? Ticket details can be found here!
THE TEAM NEWS
- Flamengo will enter the 2019 FIFA Club World Cup after claiming the Copa Libertadores but did not receive the best preparation for this game with Al Hilal after they suffered a 4-0 defeat at the hands of Santos.
- In their final game of the Brazilian Serie A season, Flamengo went down to their first loss since August after a run of 29 games in all competitions without defeat despite fielding a strong side.
- Brazil international Bruno Henrique was forced off at half-time in that contest but he has played down any concerns about his fitness and expects to be able to take the field for this game despite suffering a recurrence of a hamstring injury.
- Al Hilal produced a strong performance against Esperance de Tunis as they progressed to the semi-finals of the FIFA Club World Cup but face a much more difficult contest as they face Flamengo.
- The Asian champions dominated for large spells of the game and were rewarded when they finally took the lead thanks to Bafetimbi Gomis’ goal just eight minutes after he was introduced from the bench.
- Having opened the scoring with 17 minutes remaining, Al Hilal did not have long to hold on but their task was made more difficult when Mohamed Kanno was dismissed with five minutes remaining after two quick bookings and he will now sit out this contest as a result.
Flamengo are a side packed with talent and will be confident of progressing to the FIFA World Club Cup final. Al Hilal played well in their previous game but this will be a very different challenge for them and the Brazilians will pose plenty of problems. After losing their last match, Flamengo brought a 29-game unbeaten run to an end but that should not deter them in this game and in what is their first appearance in this tournament, they are likely to progress to the final.