FIFA Club World Cup 2019 Fifth Place Play-Off – Al-Sadd vs Esperance de Tunis Preview & Prediction
When does Al-Sadd vs Esperance de Tunis kick off? Tuesday, December 17th (14:30 UK / 17:30 local)
Where is Al-Sadd vs Esperance de Tunis being played? Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium, Doha
What TV channel is Al-Sadd vs Esperance de Tunis on? Al-Sadd vs Esperance de Tunis will be televised live on BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website
Where can I stream Al-Sadd vs Esperance de Tunis? Al-Sadd vs Esperance de Tunis will be streamed live on BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website
Where can I get tickets for Al-Sadd vs Esperance de Tunis? Ticket details can be found here!
THE TEAM NEWS
- Al-Sadd gave a good account of themselves but ultimately fell short as they were beaten by Monterrey and will now compete in the fifth place game after they were edged out 3-2 against the Mexican side.
- Trailing 2-0 at the break, Al-Sadd hit back in the 66th minute as Baghdad Bounedjah scored for the second time in the tournament to pull his side to within a goal of levelling the game but a third goal for Monterrey left them with too much to do.
- Attacking full-back Abdelkarim Hassan also notched his second goal of the competition with an effort late on but Al-Sadd could not force the draw in injury time and will now hope to end on a high by finishing fifth.
ESPERANCE DE TUNIS
- Esperance de Tunis were unable to get the better of Al Hilal and will have to settle for a game against Al-Sadd to see which side finishes the 2019 FIFA Club World Cup in fifth place after a disappointing performance.
- Al Hilal were the better team throughout, spending more time on the ball and utilising it more than Esperance were able to but they managed to hold on until the 73rd minute before Al Hilal took the lead.
- Esperance were given some slight hope of finding a leveller when Al Hilal were reduced to 10-men with five minutes remaining but could not find the breakthrough and may now look to rotate their side for this contest.
Al-Sadd will hope their ability to find the back of the net will serve them well in this contest with Esperance de Tunis. The winner will finish the 2019 FIFA Club World Cup in fifth place and Xavi’s side will fancy their chances. They were beaten by a good Monterrey side in their previous contest but they pushed the Mexican side all the way whilst Esperance were poor in their game and the Qataris should have too much in front of goal for their Tunisian opponents.