2020 Faroe Islands Premier League – Vikingur vs NSI Preview & Prediction
When is Vikingur vs NSI taking place? Friday 22nd May, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Vikingur vs NSI taking place? Sarpugerði, Norðragøta
What television channel is Vikingur vs NSI on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Vikingur vs NSI? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Vikingur vs NSI? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Vikingur have picked up a draw and a win from their opening two matches of the season and they come into this fixture looking to build on last weekend’s ultimately emphatic 5-2 win against Skala.
- Two goals in the last seven minutes of the match made the victory look a lot more comfortable than it was, as for the most part the game was in the balance. Vikingur had earlier trailed 1-0 for the majority of the first half, but a goal from Justinussen in stoppage time proved to be a pivotal moment in the match.
- With no fresh injury problems or suspensions to deal with it’s very likely that coach Eydhun Klakstein will stick with the same group of players from their last outing.
- NSI have enjoyed two comfortable wins so far in the 2020 season, with a 3-1 victory in the opening round against TB followed by their comfortable 3-0 triumph over EB/Streymur last time out.
- Both of those matches have followed a similar pattern with NSI opening the scoring in the first ten minutes, then doubling their tally midway through the first half and never really looking troubled thereafter.
- This is sure to be their toughest test so far this season but they certainly won’t lack confidence having won each of their last four away matches against Vikingur.
This promises to be an intriguing match between two teams who are expected to be fighting it out for a place in the top four and they both come into this match with the confidence of having made a good start to the new campaign. NSI have won their last four away games against Vikingur and are tipped to just have the edge again in what could be a high-scoring encounter.