2020 Faroe Islands Premier League – HB vs EB/Streymur Preview & Prediction
When is HB vs EB/Streymur taking place? Saturday 9th May, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is HB vs EB/Streymur taking place? Gundadalur, Tórshavn
What television channel is HB vs EB/Streymur on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream HB vs EB/Streymur? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for HB vs EB/Streymur? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- HB won their final two games of the 2019 Faroe Islands Premier League season to secure fourth spot at the expense of Vikingur and with it, they earned their place in the Europa League preliminary round.
- HB ended level on points with Vikingur but their superior goal difference proved decisive but the 2018 champions will be disappointed with the defence of their title and will hope to put themselves back in the mix this time around.
- Only one team scored more goals than HB in the league last season and they will hope to carry their attacking prowess into this campaign, particularly on home soil where they scored 41 goals, eight more than any other side.
- EB/Streymur endured another difficult campaign in 2019 and will need to perform like they did in a mini-revival towards the end of the season if they are to climb higher up the table this season.
- Having failed to win for 15 consecutive matches, EB/Streymur put a three-match winning streak together out of nowhere with just six games left in the season which helped them avoid finishing last but they could not maintain that as they lost their last three.
- Only one side scored fewer goals than EB/Streymur last season but they were actually better on the road than they were at home and they will hope that can continue as they aim to cause an upset in this opening match.
HB were unable to defend their Faroe Islands Premier League title in
2019 and after an underwhelming campaign, they will hope for better this
time around. They were devastating in attack on home soil last year
which saw them average 2.93 goals per game and that spells trouble for
EB/Streymur in this opening game who are likely to be on the end of a