2020 Faroe Islands Premier League – EB/Streymur vs NSI Preview & Prediction
When is EB/Streymur vs NSI taking place? Sunday 17th May, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is EB/Streymur vs NSI taking place? Við Margáir, Streymnes
What television channel is EB/Streymur vs NSI on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream EB/Streymur vs NSI? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for EB/Streymur vs NSI? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- EB/Streymur began their 2020 season with a 1-0 defeat away from home against the 2018 Faroe Islands Premier League champions HB last Saturday with a goal in the 26th minute of the game separating the two teams.
- The defeat could have been heavier though as HB applied a good deal of pressure during the match and EB/Streymur were thankful for a combination of good fortune and wasteful finishing that kept the score down.
- A red card picked up by defender Arni Grunnveit Olsen in the closing moments of the opening match means that they are forced into making a change with Andras Olsen being a possible replacement.
- NSI were relatively untroubled as they enjoyed a comfortable 3-1 home victory against TB last Saturday in their first match of the 2020 Faroe Islands Premier League season.
- A goal after just eight minutes from Aron Knudsen gave them a perfect start against TB and when they scored again after 24 minutes through Klaemint Olsen, the win never looked in doubt. It wasn’t until the final minute of the match that their own defence was breached.
- NSI will be aiming to continue the same prolific goalscoring form away from home that they displayed in the latter part of the 2019 campaign having scored an average of 3.4 goals per game in their last ten matches on the road last season.
NSI will come into this fixture in confident mood having opened the season with a 3-1 victory last weekend and their belief will be further bolstered by the fact that they defeated EB/Streymur twice last season – an 8-1 victory away from home was followed by a 3-0 win on home soil. Klaemint Olsen scored a total of six goals in those matches – including five in one game – and he will be a huge threat to the defence of the home team. A win for NSI with Klaemint Olsen scoring is the prediction.