2020 Faroe Islands Premier League – AB vs Vikingur Preview & Prediction
When is AB vs Vikingur taking place? Saturday 9th May, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is AB vs Vikingur taking place? Skansi Arena, Argir
What television channel is AB vs Vikingur on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream AB vs Vikingur? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for AB vs Vikingur? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- AB managed to produce a slightly better season than they did in 2018 as they finished in seventh spot in the Faroe Islands Premier League, adding one more victory to their total from the previous year.
- Two of those wins came in the final three games of the campaign but AB will hope that can give them a platform to begin 2020 the right way, although they did lose their last five home matches last season.
- AB won just two of their home matches last season with them achieving greater success away from home with their defence on home soil a real concern having conceded 31 goals, an average of 2.21 per game.
- Vikingur suffered disappointment last term as they missed out on qualification for the AFC Champions League by virtue of an inferior goal difference to HB after the pair both finished on 51 points.
- Vikingur had looked well placed to seal a spot in the top four with three games remaining but they lost the first two of those games which set them back and despite a win on the final day of the season, their result was matched by HB which condemned Vikingur to fifth.
- Having finished fifth for a second consecutive season, the 2017 champions will be eager to break back into the top four but must improve on both sides of the ball this season with their goal difference ending on +16 last year, 18 behind HB’s total.
AB did enough to avoid finishing bottom of the pile in the Faroe
Islands Premier League last year but they will be keen to close the gap
on the teams that finished above them. They need to tighten up
defensively if they are to do so having conceded the second-highest
number of goals in the league in 2019. They host Vikingur in their
opening game of the new campaign and with the hosts losing their last
five on home soil, it is likely that the visitors will be able to claim a
comfortable win here.