When does Ukraine vs North Macedonia kick off? Thursday 17th June, 2021 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Ukraine vs North Macedonia being played? Arena Nationala, Bucharest
Where can I get tickets for Ukraine vs North Macedonia? Click here for the latest ticket information
What TV channel is Ukraine vs North Macedonia on in the UK? ITV
Where can I stream Ukraine vs North Macedonia in the UK? This match can be streamed live on the ITV Hub
All matches: Ukraine 2 wins, North Macedonia 1 win, 1 draw
Last meeting: North Macedonia 0-2 Ukraine (09/10/15)
- After coming back from two goals behind against the Netherlands, Ukraine will have been desperately disappointed to lose their opening Group C encounter 3-2 in Amsterdam after conceding a winning goal late on to Frank de Boer’s side.
- Forward Roman Yaremchuk impressed against the Netherlands registering both a goal and an assist, so he will play a crucial role in this match alongside attacking midfielder Ruslan Malinovskyi.
- Ukraine head coach Andriy Shevchenko will be hoping winger Viktor Tsygankov recovers from an ankle injury in time to start after missing their first game, especially when considering that fellow winger Oleksandr Zubkov was substituted off in the 13th minute against the Netherlands due a foot injury.
- North Macedonia showed good fight to draw back level with Austria within ten minutes of falling behind, but were ultimately beaten following two further goals from a superior Austrian side in the second half.
- Captain Goran Pandev proved that age is just a number, as North Macedonia’s 37-year-old talisman netted his country’s first goal at a major international tournament.
- With victory needed against Ukraine, head coach Igor Angelovski will no doubt be considering whether to adjust from his usual preferred formation that includes three central defenders, however to change from the formation that got them here in the first place would prove a massive gamble.
THE TEAM NEWS
PREDICTED XI (4-3-3): Bushchan; Karavaev, Zabarnyi, Matviyenko, Mykolenko; Zinchenko, Sydorchuk, Malinovskyi; Yarmolenko, Yaremchuk, Tsygankov
QUESTIONABLE: Tsygankov (Injured), Zubkov (Injured)
PREDICTED XI (3-5-2): Dimitrievski; S. Ristovski, Velkovski, Musliu; Nikolov, Bardi, Ademi, Elmas, Alioski; Pandev, Trajkovski
THE KEY STATS
- Ukraine have lost each of their last six EURO final tournament matches – North Macedonia to win
- North Macedonia have only failed to score in one of their last 15 international matches – North Macedonia to score
- Ukraine have won their last two matches against North Macedonia without conceding a goal (2-0 and 1-0 in EURO 2016 qualifiers) – Ukraine to win to nil
- North Macedonia have scored a first half goal in four of their last five international matches – North Macedonia to score in the first half
- Goran Pandev has scored in each of North Macedonia’s last two competitive matches – Goran Pandev to score anytime
North Macedonia put up a brave fight against Austria and will no doubt do so again here against a Ukraine side under pressure following their defeat at the hands of the Netherlands. An end-to-end contest could be on the cards with both teams needing victory to put themselves in a good position heading into the final round of Group C matches. However, as this match goes on North Macedonia may begin to tire out as they did in their last game and Ukraine, who scored both of their goals against the Netherlands in the final 15 minutes, should be set to capitalise by ultimately overwhelming their opponents and securing a crucial three points in Bucharest.
Tip: UKRAINE TO WIN
For fixtures, results, TV schedule, top scorers and plenty more, visit our tournament home page here