When does Sweden vs Slovakia kick off? Friday 18th June, 2021 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Sweden vs Slovakia being played? Saint-Petersburg Stadium, Saint Petersburg
Where can I get tickets for Sweden vs Slovakia? Click here for the latest ticket information
What TV channel is Sweden vs Slovakia on in the UK? BBC
Where can I stream Sweden vs Slovakia in the UK? This match can be streamed live on the BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website
All matches: Sweden 3 wins, Slovakia 0 wins, 2 draws
Last meeting: Sweden 1-1 Slovakia (16/10/18)
- An outstanding defensive effort saw Sweden cling on to a 0-0 draw against Spain despite just 15% of possession over the course of the match with their physical condition and discipline off the ball tested to the maximum in extremely hot conditions.
- Forward Alexander Isak managed to show glimpses of what he can do despite next to no service and the Real Sociedad striker is expected to play a big role against Slovakia with Sweden expected to adopt a far more attacking playstyle.
- Right-back Mikael Lustig is a doubt for the Swedes with a knock that saw him replaced by Emil Krafth in the second half against Spain.
- Slovakia caused one of the biggest surprise results in the first round of EURO 2020 group games after beating ten-man Poland 2-1, leaving them top of Group E after Spain’s 1-1 draw with Sweden.
- The winning goal was scored by Milan Skriniar as the match turned following the sending off of Poland midfielder Krychowiak and Slovakia saw the game out expertly, denying Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski any meaningful service.
- With no injury worries for Slovakia boss Pavel Hapal to worry about within his first choice starting XI, the expectation is that he will name an unchanged side for this match, although defender Denis Vavro is unavailable after testing positive for Covid-19.
THE TEAM NEWS
PREDICTED XI (4-4-2): Olsen; Lustig, Lindelof, Danielson, Augustinsson; S Larsson, Ekdal, Olsson, Forsberg; Isak, Berg
QUESTIONABLE: Lustig (Injured)
PREDICTED XI (4-2-3-1): Dubravka; Pekarik, Satka, Skriniar, Hubocan; Kucka, Hromada; Haraslin, Hamsik, Mak; Duda
UNAVAILABLE: Vavro (Isolating)
THE KEY STATS
- Sweden have won just three of their last 18 EURO final tournament matches – Slovakia or Draw (Double chance)
- Sweden have scored 25 goals in EURO final tournaments and 22 of those have come in the second half of their matches (with just three in first halves) – Sweden under 0.5 first half goals
- Slovakia have scored two goals in each of their last three competitive matches – Slovakia to score over 1.5 goals
- There has been a total of three goals scored in four of Slovakia’s last five EURO final tournament matches – Over 2.5 goals in the match
- Milan Skriniar has scored in three of his last four international matches for Slovakia – Milan Škriniar to score anytime
Whilst Sweden worked so hard defensively against Spain, they will need to show what they can do going forward against Slovakia, who in turn know that victory will all send them through to the knockout stage. However, Slovakia will be well aware that with Spain awaiting in their final Group E fixture, defeat would be a hammer blow. Therefore, it would be a surprise if they commit bodies forward in numbers here and are instead likely to prioritise defensive stability in this one. As a result, this could end up proving a frustrating encounter for Sweden who will find breaking Slovakia down a tough challenge and they may be forced to settle for another point here.
For fixtures, results, TV schedule, top scorers and plenty more, visit our tournament home page here!