When does France vs Germany kick off? Tuesday 15th June, 2021 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is France vs Germany being played? Allianz Arena, Munich
Where can I get tickets for France vs Germany? Click here for the latest ticket information
What TV channel is France vs Germany on in the UK? ITV
Where can I stream France vs Germany in the UK? This match can be streamed live on the ITV Hub
All matches: France 14 wins, Germany 10 wins, 7 draws
Last meeting: France 2-1 Germany (16/10/18)
- The current World champions are seen by many as the favourites for the tournament given the incredible depth they possess throughout the squad, but this first test against Germany is a potential stumbling block and they will be determined to stamp their authority early on.
- Head coach Didier Deschamps is aiming to become the first person to achieve World Cup and European Championship success as both a player and manager but first he must guide his side through an incredibly tough group.
- Karim Benzema looks to have shaken off a knock he sustained in a recent warm-up friendly but his somewhat controversial return to the national side coupled with some recent murmurs of discontent from Olivier Giroud does create an element of doubt around the unity of the squad.
- Joachim Lowe is hoping to lead Germany to a successful EURO 2020 in what will be his final tournament in charge of the national side and, despite a premature group exit at the World Cup three years ago, the old adage that they always step up to the plate at crunch time still carries weight.
- Lowe is blessed with an embarrassment of riches in midfield and that is likely where this game can be won or lost, but it remains unclear exactly which formation he will opt for to include the likes of Joshua Kimmich, Ilkay Gundogan and Toni Kroos.
- Serge Gnabry, Kai Havertz and the evergreen Thomas Muller could well form a front three but Leroy Sane and Timo Werner offer alternatives while containing Kylian Mbappe will be of utmost importance to the German rearguard.
THE TEAM NEWS
PREDICTED XI (4-3-1-2): Lloris; Pavard, Varane, Kimpembe, Hernández; Rabiot, Kante, Pogba; Griezmann; Benzema, Mbappe
QUESTIONABLE: Zouma (Injured), Benzema (Injured)
PREDICTED XI (4-3-3): Neuer; Ginter, Hummels, Rudiger; Kimmich, Gundogan, Kroos, Gosens; Havertz, Muller, Gnabry
UNAVAILABLE: Hofmann (Injured)
THE KEY STATS
- France are unbeaten in their last five matches against Germany – France draw no bet
- France have scored exactly two goals in four of their last five matches against Germany – France to score exactly two goals
- Germany have only failed to score in one of their last ten EURO final tournament group stage matches – Germany to score
- Germany have won six and drawn one of their last seven EURO final tournament group stage matches – Germany to win
- Germany have kept a total of seven clean sheets in their last 11 EURO final tournament group stage matches – Germany to keep a clean sheet
This clash of titans has been highly-anticipated since the draw was made and, in a group also featuring reigning European champions Portugal, both will at least be aiming to avoid defeat in this opener. Respective coaches Didier Deschamps and Joachim Lowe will each be aware of the threats posed by their opponents and, therefore, a low-scoring game could well ensue here. Germany have failed to beat France in any of the last five meetings between the two nations, but equally two of the last three contests have ended all square so draw no bet on France is the tip.
Tip: France draw no bet
For fixtures, results, TV schedule, top scorers and plenty more, visit our tournament home page here!