When does Croatia vs Scotland kick off? Tuesday 22nd June, 2021 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Croatia vs Scotland being played? Hampden Park, Glasgow
Where can I get tickets for Croatia vs Scotland? Click here for the latest ticket information
What TV channel is Croatia vs Scotland on in the UK? ITV
Where can I stream Croatia vs Scotland in the UK? This match can be streamed live on the ITV Hub
All matches: Croatia 0 wins, Scotland 2 wins, 3 draws
Last meeting: Scotland 2-0 Croatia (15/10/13)
- Croatia head into their final group game needing a win to progress with Zlatko Dalic’s side having picked up just a point so far following defeat to England and a draw with Czech Republic.
- A spark of brilliance from Internazionale’s Ivan Perisic rescued a draw against the Czechs and the 32-year-old midfielder could be key to their hopes here as they look to avoid a shock early exit after their run to the World Cup final in 2018.
- Bruno Petkovic looks in a strong position to lead the line given that fellow striker Ante Rebic has failed to impress, while Marcelo Brozovic is poised to return to the starting XI and Borna Barisic is pushing for inclusion following a return to training.
- A much-improved Scottish display saw Steve Clarke’s men hold England to a goalless draw at Wembley last time out but only a win will do here if the Scots are to have any hope of progressing.
- Billy Gilmour came into the side against England and caught the eye but, in a huge blow to the Scots, the Chelsea youngster is now unavailable for selection after testing positive for COVID-19.
- A back three of Scott McTominay, Grant Hanley and Kieran Tierney formed an effective rearguard against England but that could change if Clarke feels he needs McTomincay in midfield following the loss of Gilmour, while Kevin Nisbet will be hoping to displace either Lyndon Dykes or Che Adams up front.
THE TEAM NEWS
PREDICTED XI (4-3-2-1): Livakovic; Vrsaljko, Lovren, Vida, Gvardiol; Modric, Brozovic, Kovacic; Ivanusec, Perisic; Petkovic
QUESTIONABLE: Barisic (Injured)
PREDICTED XI (3-5-2): Marshall; Hendry, Hanley, Tierney; O’Donnell, McGinn, McTominay, McGregor, Robertson; Dykes, Adams
UNAVAILABLE: Gilmour (Isolating)
THE KEY STATS
- Croatia have kept only one clean sheet in their last ten EURO final tournament matches – Scotland to score
- Croatia have conceded the first goal in six of their last eight EURO final tournament matches – Scotland to score first
- Scotland are unbeaten in their previous five international matches against Croatia (W2 D3) – Scotland or Draw (Double chance)
- Scotland have won their last two international matches against Croatia without conceding a goal – Scotland to win to nil
- Scotland have scored a first half goal in four of their previous five international matches against Croatia – Scotland to score in the first half
There is plenty on the line here with both sides knowing that only a win will do if they are to advance to the round of 16, and even then they may need to rely on qualifying as one of the best third-placed teams depending on the outcome of the other match in Group D. Scotland’s resilient display against England on Friday was an encouraging one but they remain somewhat toothless up front having failed to find the net in either of their matches, while Croatia have a similar problem with just the one goal scored so far. That could therefore lead to a rather low-scoring affair here but you would fancy Croatia’s technical superiority to tell in the end, in what is likely to be a nervy game of few opportunities.
Tip: CROATIA TO WIN AND UNDER 2.5 GOALS
For fixtures, results, TV schedule, top scorers and plenty more, visit our tournament home page here!