When does England vs Germany kick off? England vs Germany will take place on Tuesday 29th June, 2021 at 17:00 (UK)
Where is England vs Germany being played? England vs Germany will take place at Wembley Stadium, London
Where can I get tickets for England vs Germany? Click here for the latest ticket information for England vs Germany
What television channel is England vs Germany on in the UK? England vs Germany will be televised live on BBC
Where can I stream England vs Germany in the UK? This match can be streamed live on the BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website
All matches: England 13 wins, Germany 15 wins, 4 draws
Last meeting: England 0-0 Germany (10/11/17)
- England secured top spot in Group D after beating Czech Republic 1-0 at Wembley, their second victory of EURO 2020 by a single goal margin, with Raheem Sterling the scorer of both goals.
- Versatile Arsenal player Bukayo Saka hugely impressed against Czech Republic, whilst Aston Villa talisman Jack Grealish provided the assist for Sterling’s goal and each will be hoping their performances are enough to see them afforded a second successive start in this match.
- Both midfielder Mason Mount and left-back Ben Chilwell are available for selection as their isolation period comes to an end on the day of the match, however the likelihood is that neither will start as they have both been unable to train with the team leading up to this game.
- Germany found themselves facing elimination in the group stage after trailing Hungary twice in their final Group F game in Munich, however Joachim Low’s side equalised twice to ultimately salvage a 2-2 draw which was enough to see them reach the round of 16.
- Midfielder Leon Goretzka scored Germany’s second goal and the Bayern Munich star will be hoping that his strike helps convince Low that he is worth starting in this match, rather than being left on the bench once again.
- Defender Lukas Klostermann will miss out through injury, whilst centre-back Antonio Rudiger has been suffering from a cold building up to this match, but should be fit to play.
THE TEAM NEWS
PREDICTED XI (4-3-3): Pickford; Walker, Stones, Maguire, Tripper; Phillips, Henderson, Rice; Foden, Kane, Sterling
PREDICTED XI (3-4-2-1): Neuer; Ginter, Hummels, Rudiger; Kimmich, Gundongan, Kroos, Gosens; Havertz, Muller; Gnabry
UNAVAILABLE: Klostermann (Injured)
QUESTIONABLE: Rudiger (Illness)
THE KEY STATS
- Four of England’s last five EURO final tournament knockout phase matches have required a penalty shoot-out to decide the outcome – Match to be decided by a penalty shoot-out
- England have won four of their last five international matches by a 1-0 scoreline – England to win 1-0
- England have kept eight clean sheets in their last nine international matches – England to keep a clean sheet
- Germany have conceded exactly two goals in three of their last four EURO final tournament matches – England over 1.5 goals
- Germany have conceded the first goal in each of their last four EURO final tournament matches – England to score first
Arguably the stand-out tie of the round of 16 sees England and Germany lock horns at Wembley. A fixture with so much history behind it, both sides will approach this believing they can win it and go all the way in the tournament when taking into account how the bracket has opened up for them. Germany will need to significantly improve on their performance against Hungary and the return of Thomas Muller to the starting line-up should help, whilst England will desperately be hoping that striker Harry Kane can break his goalscoring duck at EURO 2020 so far and rediscover the form that saw him crowned the 2018 World Cup golden boot winner. Either way, an extremely close contest is on the cards with plenty of nerves expected from both sides. Both will no doubt look to prioritise defensive stability and this should lead to a cagey affair. Under 2.5 goals scored over the course of 90 minutes has to be favoured here, as was the case in all three of England’s Group D fixtures.
Tip: UNDER 2.5 GOALS
For fixtures, results, TV schedule, top scorers and plenty more, visit our tournament home page here!