EURO 2020 – UEFA European Qualifiers – Ukraine vs Portugal Preview & Prediction
When does Ukraine vs Portugal kick off? Monday 14th October, 2019 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Ukraine vs Portugal being played? NSK Olimpijs'kyj
What television channel is Ukraine vs Portugal on? Sky have the rights to UEFA European Qualifiers matches in the UK, so it is worth checking the Sky Sports schedule
Where can I stream Ukraine vs Portugal? If the match is televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
What was the score when the teams last met? Portugal 0-0 Ukraine
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ukraine remain five points clear at the top of Group B after a 2-0 win at home to Lithuania on Friday, and will book their place at EURO 2020 if they draw on Monday or if Serbia fail to win.
- Coach Andriy Shevchenko has no new injury or suspension issues following Friday's match so he could name an unchanged side
- Eduard Sobol was preferred to Vitalii Mykolenki at left-back and Junior Moraes started ahead of Roman Yaremchuk up front in the only changes from the previous qualifier against Lithuania.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Pyatov; Bolbat, Krivtsov, Matviyenko, Sobol; Malinovskiy, Stepanenko, Zinchenko; Yarmolenko, Junior Moraes, Marlos
Unavailable: Kravets (Injured)
- Portugal eased to a 3-0 win at home to Luxembourg on Friday and will clinch qualification if they win in Kiev and Serbia fail to win their corresponding fixture.
- Ruben Neves is expected to replace Wolves teammate Joao Moutinho in the centre of midfield but otherwise it could be the same team that started against Luxembourg.
- Bernardo Silva, Joao Felix and Cristiano Ronaldo are set to form a fearsome front three again, with veteran Pepe partnering youngster Ruben Dias in the centre of defence.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Rui Patricio; Nelson Semedo, Pepe, Ruben Dias, Raphael Guerreiro; Bruno Fernandes, Ruben Neves, Danilo Pereira; Bernardo Silva, Cristiano Ronaldo, Joao Felix
Unavailable: William Carvalho (Injured)
There was nothing to separate these two sides in March and this should be another close battle. Ukraine have been impressive in this group but Portugal need the points more and given the attacking quality they have at their disposal, the European champions should be fancied to edge it.