2020 Estonian Meistriliiga – Kuressaare vs Nomme Kalju Preview & Prediction
When is Kuressaare vs Nomme Kalju taking place? Tuesday 19th May, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Kuressaare vs Nomme Kalju taking place? Kuressaare linnastaadion, Kuressaare
What television channel is Kuressaare vs Nomme Kalju on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Kuressaare vs Nomme Kalju? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Kuressaare vs Nomme Kalju? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- After narrowing avoiding the drop last season after coming out on top of the relegation play-off, Kuressaare started 2020 with defeat as they were narrowly beaten on their trip to FCI Levadia.
- Kuressaare fell behind in the 19th minute despite been handed a huge opportunity to get themselves back into the game due to Levadia going down to 10 men just before half-time, the visitors were also shown a red card with just under 20 minutes remaining.
- Marco Lukka received his marching orders for a second yellow with Kuressaare unable to exploit the man advantage while they had one and Lukka will now be forced to sit this contest out too.
- Nomme Kalju opened the season in the Meistriliiga with a narrow victory on the road at Trans and the side that finished last year in third spot will be eager to build on that when they get back to action against Kuressaare.
- Kalju got off to the perfect start as Vladyslav Khomutov struck in just the third minute against Trans and although they could not add a second, that early strike proved to be enough to claim the three points.
- Kalju will now head on the road in a bid to extend their unbelievable away record in the Meistriliiga with their last defeat away from home coming in August 2017 which means they have avoided defeat in their last 41 away games in the top flight.
Nomme Kalju possess an enviable record away from home and they will
be confident of extending that as they travel to Kuressaare. Kalju have
not suffered defeat on the road in the Meistriliiga for almost three
years, a run that encompasses 41 matches. Kuressaare lost their last two
home fixtures of last season with them also failing to score in the
process and having started this campaign with a defeat, this looks a
tough test. Kalju’s away record is impossible to overlook and this
should be a straightforward victory for the visitors.