Premier League 2019-20 – Tottenham vs Aston Villa Preview & Prediction
When does Tottenham vs Aston Villa kick off? Saturday 10th August, 17:30 (UK)
Where is Tottenham vs Aston Villa being played? Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
What television channel is Tottenham vs Aston Villa on in the UK? Sky Sports Premier League
Where can I stream Tottenham vs Aston Villa in the UK? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Tottenham vs Aston Villa?
Last six meetings: Tottenham W5, Aston Villa W1
All-time meetings: Tottenham W72, Aston Villa W56, D35
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Lloris; Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen; Sissoko, Winks, Ndombele, Rose; Eriksen, Lucas Moura; Kane
Unavailable: Son (Suspended), Foyth (Injured), Alli (Injured), Dier (Injured)
Doubtful: Aurier (Injured), Davies (Injured)
- Spurs will be keen to bounce back from the disappointment of losing the Champions League final and mount a title challenge this season.
- Big money summer signing Ndombele has slotted nicely into the midfield in pre-season and he is set to feature in this opening match.
- Harry Kane has benefitted from a good rest this summer and Pochettino will have high hopes his star striker can hit the ground running.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Heaton; Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Targett; McGinn, Hourihane; Jota, Grealish, El Ghazi; Wesley
Unavailable: Chester (Injured)
Doubtful: El Ghazi (Injured), Steer (Injured), Konsa (Injured)
- Villa face an incredibly tough opening game against Spurs on their return to the top flight after promotion via the Championship play-offs.
- The club have spent over £100m on new recruits as they target survival but bedding all of the newcomers in may take some time.
- Dean Smith will throw some of his new recruits straight into the side with Targett, Jota and big-money striker Wesley all tipped to start.
Aston Villa have splashed the cash this summer in an attempt to survive but there are numerous parallels to Fulham's strategy last year. Dean Smith's men travel to the capital to face a Spurs side that will be well-rested and raring to go, and they may be on the receiving end of a heavy loss here.