Premier League 2019-20 – Sheffield Utd vs Crystal Palace Preview & Prediction
When does Sheffield Utd vs Crystal Palace kick off? Sunday 18th August, 14:00 (UK)
Where is Sheffield Utd vs Crystal Palace being played? Bramall Lane
What television channel is Sheffield Utd vs Crystal Palace on in the UK? Sky Sports Premier League
Where can I stream Sheffield Utd vs Crystal Palace in the UK? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Sheffield Utd vs Crystal Palace?
Sheffield Utd - https://tickets.sufc.co.uk/en-GB/categories/home
Crystal Palace - https://tickets.cpfc.co.uk/events.aspx
Last six meetings: Sheffield Utd W2, Crystal Palace W2, D2
All-time meetings: Sheffield Utd W20, Crystal Palace W21, D12
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (3-5-2): Henderson; Basham, Egan, O'Connell; Baldock, Lundstram, Fleck, Norwood, Stevens; Robinson, Sharp
Doubtful: Mousset (Injured)
- Newcomers Sheffield United picked up a point on the opening day thanks to substitute Billy Sharp's late equaliser away to Bournemouth.
- Chris Wilder was delighted with his team and they will be fired up to play in front of their home fans on their return to the top flight.
- Sharp has given himself a chance of coming into the team following that goal and it would be no surprise if he came into the attack.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Guaita; Ward, Dann, Kelly, Van Aanholt; Milivojevic, McArthur, Meyer; Townsend, Benteke, Zaha
Unavailable: Tomkins (Injured)
Doubtful: Sakho (Injured), Schlupp (Injured)
- Palace earned a point at home to Everton last week and after quelling some early pressure, they were ultimately good value for the draw.
- Roy Hodgson was pleased with the performance last week and his new signings will likely have to wait to earn a starting spot in the team.
- After being left on the bench in the opening game, Wilfried Zaha will almost certainly come back into the starting eleven for Jordan Ayew
The atmosphere at Bramall Lane for this opener will be sensational but this is a tough game for United. Palace are a dangerous team away from home with their counter-attacking qualities, and they had an excellent record against newly-promoted teams last season that they can continue here.