Premier League 2019-20 – Man City vs Tottenham Preview & Prediction
When does Man City vs Tottenham kick off? Saturday 17th August, 17:30 (UK)
Where is Man City vs Tottenham being played? Etihad Stadium
What television channel is Man City vs Tottenham on in the UK? Sky Sports Premier League
Where can I stream Man City vs Tottenham in the UK? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Man City vs Tottenham?
Last six meetings: Man City W5, Tottenham W1
All-time meetings: Man City W63, Tottenham W61, D35
THE TEAM NEWS
- Man City got their Premier League title defence off to a fabulous start as they tore West Ham apart 5-0 to send a warning to their rivals.
- The emphatic win came with some key players rested but they may well decide to bring back star striker Sergio Aguero to face Spurs here.
- Fernandinho and Joao Cancelo are not 100% and are likely to be left out but otherwise the rest of the team may be unchanged from that game.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Ederson; Walker, Stones, Laporte, Zinchenko; De Bruyne, Rodri, David Silva; Mahrez, Aguero, Sterling
Unavailable: Mendy (Injured), Sane (Injured)
Doubtful: Fernandinho (Injured), Joao Cancelo (Rested)
- Spurs went behind to an early goal in their opening game with Villa but three late goals saw them turn the game around and win 3-1.
- Christian Eriksen came off the bench and inspired the comeback and the Danish playmaker will surely come back into the side here.
- Mauricio Pochettino left Vertonghen out of his matchday squad for that game and the Belgian could well remain out of favour with his boss.
Predicted line-up (4-2-2-2): Lloris; Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Rose; Winks, Ndombele; Sissoko, Eriksen; Lucas Moura, Kane
Unavailable: Son (Suspended), Foyth (Injured), Alli (Injured), Sessegnon (Injured)
Doubtful: Davies (Injured)
Man City have started the season where they left off and they will be eager to settle a score with Tottenham who knocked them out of the Champions League last year. Guardiola's men are firing on all cylinders already and they can put an early marker down here against one of their main title rivals.