When does Man City vs Brighton kick off? Saturday 31st August, 15:00 (UK)
Where is Man City vs Brighton being played? Etihad Stadium
What television channel is Man City vs Brighton on in the UK? Man City vs Brighton will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Man City vs Brighton in the UK? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Man City vs Brighton?
Last six meetings: Man City W5, Brighton W1
All-time meetings: Man City W13, Brighton W5, D4
THE TEAM NEWS
- Man City comprehensively beat Bournemouth last weekend as they sit just behind Liverpool knowing they cannot afford to drop points.
- Guardiola was happy with his team's display last week but he will demand an improvement at the back and a clean sheet against Brighton.
- Gabriel Jesus is expected to be out of action until after the international break with a hamstring strain so that is one less option here.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Ederson; Walker, Otamendi, Laporte, Zinchenko; De Bruyne, Gundogan, David Silva; Bernardo Silva, Aguero, Sterling
Unavailable: Mendy (Injured), Sane (Injured), Gabriel Jesus (Injured)
Doubtful: Stones (Injured)
- Brighton lost their first match of the season last week as they lost 2-0 to Southampton and were not helped by Andone's first half red card.
- The Romanian striker misses out here so that could see either Gross or potentially Murray come back into the starting line-up for him.
- Boss Graham Potter will otherwise be reluctant to change things around too much as his team have started the season in good form.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Ryan; Duffy, Dunk, Burn; Montoya, Propper, Stephens, March; Gross, Trossard; Maupay
Unavailable: Schelotto (Injured), Izquierdo (Injured), Bissouma (Injured), Andone (Suspended)
Doubtful: DOUBTFUL PLAYERS HERE(Trystan)
This match offers a daunting task for Brighton as they try to cause an upset at the Etihad which City have made a fortress in recent seasons. Guardiola will be desperate for his team to improve at the back and the focus will be on keeping a clean sheet as well as taking all three points.