Premier League 2019-20 – Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa Preview & Prediction
When does Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa kick off? Saturday 31st August, 15:00 (UK)
Where is Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa being played? Selhurst Park
What television channel is Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa on in the UK? Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa in the UK? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa?
Crystal Palace - https://tickets.cpfc.co.uk/events.aspx
Last six meetings: Crystal Palace W3, Aston Villa W2, D1
All-time meetings: Crystal Palace W11, Aston Villa W18, D14
THE TEAM NEWS
- Palace are coming off their first points and goals of the season as they pulled off an excellent 2-1 win at Old Trafford to shock Man Utd.
- They were brought down to earth in midweek as a second string team were beaten on penalties at home in the League Cup by Colchester.
- Following that disappointing display, this will be an easy team selection for Hodgson who can name an unchanged league starting eleven.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Guaita; Ward, Cahill, Kelly, Van Aanholt; Milivojevic, McArthur, Meyer; Zaha, Ayew, Schlupp
Unavailable: Sakho (Injured), Tomkins (Injured)
Doubtful: Dann (Injured)
- Villa got their first win on their return to the top flight last week as they beat Everton in front of a raucous home crowd on Friday night.
- To give them a further boost, they hammered Crewe 6-1 in the League Cup in midweek with several fringe players impressing in that game.
- Despite coming off the bench and scoring the second goal, El Ghazi may have to wait on the bench with Jota and Trezeguet favoured.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Heaton; Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Taylor; Douglas Luiz; Jota, McGinn, Grealish, Trezeguet; Wesley
Unavailable: Chester (Injured), Kodjia (Injured), Targett (Injured)
Crystal Palace finally kick-started their season last weekend as they scored a late winner to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford and that should give them a big boost. This match may become something of a stalemate with the two teams cancelling each other out stylistically so expect few goals.