Premier League 2019-20 – Chelsea vs Sheffield Utd Preview & Prediction
When does Chelsea vs Sheffield Utd kick off? Saturday 31st August, 15:00 (UK)
Where is Chelsea vs Sheffield Utd being played? Stamford Bridge
What television channel is Chelsea vs Sheffield Utd on in the UK? Chelsea vs Sheffield Utd will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Chelsea vs Sheffield Utd in the UK? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Chelsea vs Sheffield Utd?
Sheffield Utd - https://tickets.sufc.co.uk/en-GB/categories/away
Last six meetings: Chelsea W3, Sheffield Utd W3
All-time meetings: Chelsea W38, Sheffield Utd W27, D15
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chelsea picked up their first win under Frank Lampard with an entertaining 3-2 win at Norwich thanks to two goals from Tammy Abraham.
- They picked up two injuries prior to that win as Kante and Pedro are both carrying knocks and remain doubtful for this match.
- Mason Mount came off with a knock on the calf and he will require a late fitness test but Lampard will hope he can retain his place.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Kepa; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Zouma, Emerson; Jorginho, Kovacic; Mount, Barkley, Pulisic; Abraham
Unavailable: Van Ginkel (Injured), Hudson-Odoi (Injured), Loftus-Cheek (Injured), James (Injured), Pedro (Injured), Rudiger (Injured), Kante (Injured)
Doubtful: Mount (Injured),
- Sheff Utd slipped to their first loss of the season as Leicester edged past them but they progressed in the League Cup midweek.
- Chris Wilder used the cup match to rotate his squad and give some much-needed playing time to some of his fringe players who impressed.
- Despite the league defeat, Wilder is unlikely to make any kneejerk decisions with his selection although McBurnie could come into the side.
Predicted line-up (3-5-2): Henderson; Basham, Egan, O'Connell; Baldock, Lundstram, Freeman, Norwood, Stevens; Robinson, McGoldrick
Doubtful: Bryan (Injured), Fleck (Injured)
Chelsea are settling into the new season and their first win under Frank Lampard last week will have given them a major boost. Sheff Utd will make it difficult for them at Stamford Bridge but the goals are starting to flow for Chelsea now and they should have too much quality ultimately.