When does Burnley vs Southampton kick off? Saturday 10th August, 15:00 (UK)
Where is Burnley vs Southampton being played? Turf Moor
What television channel is Burnley vs Southampton on in the UK? Burnley vs Southampton will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Burnley vs Southampton in the UK? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Burnley vs Southampton?
Southampton - https://southamptonfc.com/tickets/match-tickets
Last six meetings: Burnley W2, Southampton W1, D3
All-time meetings: Burnley W21, Southampton W20, D17
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Pope; Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor; Hendrick, Westwood, Cork, McNeil; Barnes, Wood
Unavailable: Defour (Injured), Brady (Injured)
- Burnley come into the new season without the distraction of European football which hampered their Premier League form last season.
- Boss Sean Dyche has made a couple of new signings to bolster his squad and Jay Rodriguez will be hoping to usurp Barnes or Wood up front.
- The starting eleven for this opening match could however resemble Dyche's preferred starters from the end of last year's campaign.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Gunn; Yoshida, Bednarek, Vestergaard; Valery, Romeu, Hojbjerg, Bertrand; Ward-Prowse, Redmond; Ings
- Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl will be looking to avoid a relegation scrap in what will be his first full season in charge at St. Mary's.
- The club managed to seal the permanent signing of forward Danny Ings after a successful loan spell and he will likely lead the attack.
- Nathan Redmond has been something of a revelation since Hasenhuttl joined the club and he will be a key creator for them this season.
The primary focus for both of these teams will be to reach 40 points as quickly as possible this season and it is hard to see either team playing overly ambitious in the early matches. Southampton have been tough to beat under Hasenhuttl and they can come away from Turf Moor with a point.