Premier League 2019-20 – Aston Villa vs Bournemouth Preview & Prediction
When does Aston Villa vs Bournemouth kick off? Saturday 17th August, 15:00 (UK)
Where is Aston Villa vs Bournemouth being played? Villa Park
What television channel is Aston Villa vs Bournemouth on in the UK? Aston Villa vs Bournemouth will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Aston Villa vs Bournemouth in the UK? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Aston Villa vs Bournemouth?
Bournemouth - https://tickets.afcb.co.uk/Online/default.asp?
Last six meetings: Aston Villa W4, Bournemouth W1, D1
All-time meetings: Aston Villa W4, Bournemouth W2, D1
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Heaton; Elmohamady, Engels, Mings, Taylor; McGinn, Hourihane; Trezeguet, Grealish, El Ghazi; Wesley
Unavailable: Chester (Injured), Kodjia (Injured), Hause (Injured)
- Aston Villa's return to the Premier League ended in defeat but that was not before they threatened to upset Spurs thanks to an early lead.
- John McGinn showed just how important he will be for Villa this season as he scored an early goal and enjoyed a strong all-round display.
- Boss Dean Smith will be tempted to name an unchanged side for this game although he will want more from his team offensively.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Ramsdale; S. Cook, Mepham, Ake; Smith, Billing, Lerma, Diego Rico; Fraser, King; C. Wilson
Unavailable: L. Cook (Injured), Francis (Injured), Gosling (Injured), Brooks (Injured), Kelly (Injured), Stanislas (Injured), Danjuma (Injured)
- Bournemouth were denied an opening day victory as Sheff Utd's Billy Sharp scored a late equaliser to hold the Cherries to a 1-1 draw.
- Eddie Howe has a series of injury concerns at the moment but he still has plenty of options to select from as they travel to the Midlands.
- He is expected to stick with three central defenders and he may be inclined to name an unchanged starting eleven to face Villa.
Aston Villa's home matches last year contained plenty of goals and expect more of the same in what should be an open game. Bournemouth have started with three at the back and are not convincing defensively right now but they still possess plenty of firepower so expect goals at both ends here.