When does Watford vs Aston Villa kick off? Saturday 28th December, 2019 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Watford vs Aston Villa being played? Vicarage Road Stadium
What TV channel is Watford vs Aston Villa on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Watford vs Aston Villa in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Watford vs Aston Villa?
What was the score in the last meeting between Watford & Aston Villa? Watford 3-2 Aston Villa
THE TEAM NEWS
- Watford received a major morale boost as their point at Bramall Lane on Boxing Day saw them move off the bottom and leapfrog Norwich.
- They welcome back Doucoure following suspension and the key midfielder will come back into the starting eleven in place of Chalobah.
- Sarr picked up a knock against Sheff Utd so he may be held out here with Pereyra the likely candidate to come into the starting line-up.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Foster; Mariappa, Cathcart, Kabasele, Kiko Femenia; Hughes, Capoue, Doucoure; Pereyra, Deeney, Deulofeu
Unavailable: Holebas (Injured), Janmaat (Injured), Welbeck (Injured), Prodl (Injured), Cleverley (Injured)
Doubtful: Sarr (Injured)
- Villa picked up three vital points on Boxing Day as they beat Norwich and they now face another relegation six-pointer against Watford.
- Boss Dean Smith will be tempted to field the same defence that kept a clean sheet on Boxing Day though Hourihane should come into midfield.
- There is an outside chance that Davis and Mings could return but it is unlikely that Smith will risk either of them until the New Year.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Heaton; Elmohamady, Konsa, Hause, Targett; Nakamba, Hourihane, Douglas Luiz; El Ghazi, Wesley, Grealish
Unavailable: Steer (Injured), McGinn (Injured)
Doubtful: Davis (Injured), Mings (Injured)
Watford have shown a marked improvement in the last couple of matches under Nigel Pearson and they will be confident of a result here after beating Man Utd and drawing at Sheff Utd. Villa have been poor on their travels and this match represents a golden chance for Watford to get another win.