2019-20 Premier League – Southampton vs Newcastle Preview & Prediction
When does Southampton vs Newcastle kick off? Saturday 7th March, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Southampton vs Newcastle being played? St. Mary's Stadium
What TV channel is Southampton vs Newcastle on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Southampton vs Newcastle in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Southampton vs Newcastle?
Southampton – https://southamptonfc.com/tickets/match-tickets
What was the score in the last meeting between Southampton & Newcastle? Newcastle 2-1 Southampton
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ralph Hasenhuttl was scathing of his team after they went down 3-1 at West Ham last weekend to lose their fourth game in their last five.
- The Southampton boss will consider changes for this match and he will surely bring top goalscorer Danny Ings back into the line-up.
- Walker-Peters may return at right-back which would allow Ward-Prowse to revert to a midfield role in one likely change.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): McCarthy; Walker-Peters, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand; Ward-Prowse, Oriol Romeu, Hojbjerg, Djenepo; Ings, Long
Unavailable: Redmond (Injured), Smallbone (Illness), Armstrong (Injured)
- Newcastle are hovering above the relegation zone and while they are not in immediate trouble, their poor form needs to improve quickly.
- They picked up a much-needed win in the FA Cup in midweek to boost their confidence and some of those players may have earned a start here.
- Steve Bruce employed a more attacking 4-2-3-1 formation in the 2-3 win at West Brom and he could retain that for this trip to Southampton.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Dubravka; Manquillo, Fernandez, Lascelles, Rose; Hayden, Shelvey; Lazaro, Almiron, Saint-Maximin; Joelinton
Unavailable: Colback (Injured), Willems (Injured), Dummett (Injured), Carroll (Injured), Clark (Injured), Krafth (Injured)
Doubtful: Manquillo (Injured), Saint-Maximin (Injured)
Southampton and Newcastle have some breathing space above the relegation zone but there is a real chance either could get sucked in if they do not improve their form. With the risk of defeat likely to weigh heavily on both of these teams, expect a cagey, low-scoring affair at St. Mary's Stadium.