2019-20 Premier League – Southampton vs Leicester Preview & Prediction
When does Southampton vs Leicester kick off? Friday 25th October, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Southampton vs Leicester being played? St. Mary's Stadium
What TV channel is Southampton vs Leicester on in the UK? Sky Sports Premier League
Where can I stream Southampton vs Leicester in the UK? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Southampton vs Leicester?
Southampton – https://southamptonfc.com/tickets/match-tickets
What was the score in the last meeting between Southampton & Leicester? Leicester 1-2 Southampton
THE TEAM NEWS
- Southampton managed to pick up a valuable point at Wolves last week and they will look to build on that as they welcome Leicester.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl was relatively pleased with the performance of his team last week and he could be tempted to name an unchanged side here.
- Ings' fine run of goalscoring form continued last weekend with his fifth goal in his last four matches and he will be key to their hopes.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Gunn; Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard; Valery, Romeu, Hojbjerg, Bertrand; Ward-Prowse, Redmond; Ings
Unavailable: Djenepo (Injured), Cedric (Injured)
- Leicester came back from a goal down against Burnley last week to return to winning ways as they sit in third spot in the Premier League.
- Brendan Rodgers was delighted with the character of his players and he too could be tempted to name the same starting eleven for this one.
- Maddison continues to struggle with an ankle problem but the playmaker is expected to play through the pain once again and start here.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Schmeichel; Ricardo Pereira, Evans, Soyuncu, Chilwell; Ndidi; Ayoze Perez, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes; Vardy
Unavailable: Amartey (Injured), James (Injured)
Doubtful: Maddison (Injured)
Southampton look set for another battle against relegation but will be buoyed by the point at Wolves last weekend. They face a difficult test here against Leicester though, and with the goals flowing at St. Mary's, expect the visitors to get the better of them in what could be a shootout.