2019-20 Premier League – Southampton vs Crystal Palace Preview & Prediction
When does Southampton vs Crystal Palace kick off? Saturday 28th December, 2019 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Southampton vs Crystal Palace being played? St. Mary's Stadium
What TV channel is Southampton vs Crystal Palace on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Southampton vs Crystal Palace in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Southampton vs Crystal Palace?
Southampton – https://southamptonfc.com/tickets/match-tickets
Crystal Palace – https://tickets.cpfc.co.uk/events.aspx
What was the score in the last meeting between Southampton & Crystal Palace? Southampton 1-1 Crystal Palace
THE TEAM NEWS
- Southampton stunned Chelsea on Boxing Day by beating them 2-0 and pulling off the shock of the round despite resting star man Danny Ings.
- Obafemi and Adams came in to lead the attack and it was the former who made the difference as his excellent goal broke the deadlock.
- There is every chance that Obafemi will keep his place in attack and partner the returning Ings as Shane Long is a major injury doubt here.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): McCarthy; Cedric, Bednarek, Stephens, Bertrand; Armstrong, Ward-Prowse, Hojbjerg, Redmond; Ings, Obafemi
Unavailable: Djenepo (Injured), Valery (Injured)
Doubtful: Long (Injured)
- Palace are coming off a superb result as they came from behind against West Ham to beat them 2-1 and stay in the top half of the table.
- With Benteke out injured, Ayew led the attack against West Ham but it would be no surprise if Wickham is handed a chance to start here.
- Van Aanholt picked up a hamstring strain in that game and he is considered a doubt so Riedewald may be forced to deputise once again.
Predicted line-up (4-5-1): Guaita; Kelly, Tomkins, Sakho, Riedewald; Meyer, McArthur, Milivojevic, Kouyate, Zaha; Ayew
Unavailable: Ward (Injured), Schlupp (Injured), Cahill (Injured), Townsend (Injured), Dann (Injured), Benteke (Injured)
Doubtful: Van Aanholt (Injured)
Southampton and Palace are both coming off superb victories on Boxing Day so confidence in both camps is flying. Southampton were able to rest star striker Danny Ings ahead of this game yet still beat Chelsea but he can return here and score the goals that will help his side take at least a point.