When does Southampton vs Chelsea kick off? Sunday 6th October, 2019 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Southampton vs Chelsea being played? St. Mary's Stadium
What are the expected weather conditions for Southampton vs Chelsea? Cloud, 15c
What TV channel is Southampton vs Chelsea on in the UK? Sky Sports Premier League
Where can I stream Southampton vs Chelsea in the UK? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Southampton vs Chelsea?
Southampton – https://southamptonfc.com/tickets/match-tickets
What was the score in the last meeting between Southampton & Chelsea? Chelsea 0-0 Southampton
THE TEAM NEWS
- Southampton's inconsistent start continues as they are coming off a 2-1 loss at Spurs despite playing more than a half against ten men.
- Their preparations for that game were not helped by an injury to Cedric in the warm-up and he is an injury doubt coming into this match.
- Danny Ings scored again last week following his two goals in the League Cup so he should start ahead of the goalless Che Adams once again.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Gunn; Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard; Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Hojbjerg, Bertrand; Boufal, Redmond; Ings
Unavailable: Djenepo (Injured)
Doubtful: McCarthy (Injured), Cedric (Injured)
- Chelsea have had an excellent week having beaten Brighton last weekend and then making the trip to Lille in midweek and winning 2-1.
- Frank Lampard reverted to three central defenders in the Champions League but it would be no surprise if he switched back to a flat four.
- With Kante, Zouma and Giroud all returning to the matchday squad in midweek, Lampard has plenty of options to choose from right now.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Kepa; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Tomori, Marcos Alonso; Kovacic, Jorginho; Pedro, Mount, Willian; Abraham
Unavailable: Rudiger (Injured), Van Ginkel (Injured), Loftus-Cheek (Injured), Emerson (Injured)
Chelsea look to be settling into the season now after a couple of excellent performances and results, much to the delight of Frank Lampard. With confidence flying, they can get another positive result from another away trip, but Southampton are more than capable of breaching their defence.