2019-20 Premier League – Southampton vs Bournemouth Preview & Prediction
When does Southampton vs Bournemouth kick off? Friday 20th September, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Southampton vs Bournemouth being played? St. Mary's Stadium
What are the expected weather conditions for Southampton vs Bournemouth? Clear, 16c
What TV channel is Southampton vs Bournemouth on in the UK? Sky Sports Premier League
Where can I stream Southampton vs Bournemouth in the UK? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Southampton vs Bournemouth?
Southampton – https://southamptonfc.com/tickets/match-tickets
Bournemouth – https://tickets.afcb.co.uk/Online/default.asp?
What was the score in the last meeting between Southampton & Bournemouth? Southampton 3-3 Bournemouth
THE TEAM NEWS
- Southampton's form has improved in the last three matches as they have beaten Sheff Utd and Brighton and picked up a point against Man Utd.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl was delighted with the performance of his team and another clean sheet so he may be tempted to name an unchanged side.
- Danso is back after suspension but there is every chance that he has to make do with a place on the bench for this South Coast derby clash.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Gunn; Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard; Cedric, Romeu, Hojbjerg, Danso; Ward-Prowse, Boufal; Adams
Unavailable: Djenepo (Injured)
Doubtful: Redmond (Injured)
- Injury-hit Bournemouth produced arguably their best performance and result of the season last weekend when they beat Everton 3-1 at home.
- Eddie Howe will be tempted to reward those players with an unchanged team but he may have more players at his disposal for this match.
- Fraser may come in after his goal off the bench last week while Mepham is fully-fit again so he could return to the defence for Diego Rico.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Ramsdale; Stacey, S. Cook, Mepham, Ake; Fraser, Billing, L. Cook, King; Solanke, C. Wilson
Unavailable: Gosling (Injured), Brooks (Injured), Stanislas (Injured), Danjuma (Injured), Daniels (Injured)
Doubtful: Francis (Injured), Kelly (Injured), Smith (Injured)
Southampton have shown some improvement in recent weeks with their defensive play proving key. Two clean sheets in three however somewhat flatters them and both teams have scored in 15 of their last 16 home Premier League matches. That trend is likely to continue with this potent Bournemouth attack.