2019-20 Premier League – Sheffield Utd vs Southampton Preview & Prediction
When does Sheffield Utd vs Southampton kick off? Saturday 14th September, 2019 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Sheffield Utd vs Southampton being played? Bramall Lane
What are the expected weather conditions for Sheffield Utd vs Southampton? Clear, 18c
What TV channel is Sheffield Utd vs Southampton on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sheffield Utd vs Southampton in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Sheffield Utd vs Southampton?
Sheffield Utd – https://tickets.sufc.co.uk/en-GB/categories/home
Southampton – https://southamptonfc.com/tickets/match-tickets
What was the score in the last meeting between Sheffield Utd & Southampton? Sheffield Utd 1-0 Southampton
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sheffield United went into the international break in great spirits after coming back from two goals down at Chelsea to salvage a point.
- Boss Chris Wilder has an injury doubt over Robinson but the forward will be hoping to recover in time to keep his place in the eleven.
- The team has been relatively settled so far this season and there is every chance that Wilder will name an unchanged side for this one.
Predicted line-up (3-5-2): Henderson; Basham, Egan, O'Connell; Baldock, Lundstram, Freeman, Norwood, Stevens; Robinson, McBurnie
Doubtful: Bryan (Injured), Fleck (Injured), Robinson (Injured), McGoldrick (Injured)
- Southampton managed to hold Man Utd to a draw last time out at St. Mary's so they will look to build on that as they make the trip up North.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl will be without the suspended Danso after his red card in that game but he should be able to count on Bertrand to return.
- Che Adams continues to struggle in front of goal so Hasenhuttl may be tempted to give Long a chance to partner Ings up front here.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Gunn; Cedric, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Bertrand; Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Hojbjerg, Boufal; Long, Ings
Unavailable: Redmond (Injured), Danso (Suspended)
Doubtful: Djenepo (Injured), Bertrand (Injured), Obafemi (Injured)
Both of these teams will have been content with their results prior to the break but will view this as a match as one they should get something from. The risk of losing may see both teams approach this one more cautiously than usual however, and it is difficult to see many goals at Bramall Lane.