2019-20 Premier League – Sheffield Utd vs Newcastle Preview & Prediction
When does Sheffield Utd vs Newcastle kick off? Thursday 5th December, 2019 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Sheffield Utd vs Newcastle being played? Bramall Lane
What TV channel is Sheffield Utd vs Newcastle on in the UK? Amazon Prime Video
Where can I stream Sheffield Utd vs Newcastle in the UK? This match can be streamed live to subscribers of Amazon Prime
Where can I get tickets for Sheffield Utd vs Newcastle?
Sheffield Utd – https://tickets.sufc.co.uk/en-GB/categories/home
What was the score in the last meeting between Sheffield Utd & Newcastle? Newcastle 2-1 Sheffield Utd
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chris Wilder's Sheff Utd come off a 1-1 draw at Molineux against Wolves which extends their unbeaten run in the league to seven matches.
- Wilder welcomed back skipper Egan after injury in that game and he came through it unscathed so he should retain his place in the side.
- Despite the short turnaround in matches, Wilder is likely to name an unchanged line-up given how well his team are playing right now.
Predicted line-up (3-5-2): Henderson; Basham, Egan, O'Connell; Baldock, Lundstram, Norwood, Fleck, Stevens; McGoldrick, Mousset
- Newcastle claimed an unexpected point at home to Man City at the weekend thanks to Shelvey's late long-range effort to give them a big lift.
- Steve Bruce was delighted with the performance of his team and while none of his attacking trio scored, Almiron did claim a rare assist.
- Flying winger Saint-Maximin is an injury doubt for this game so it would be no surprise if he is held out with Atsu being handed a start.
Predicted line-up (5-4-1): Dubravka; Javi Manquillo, Clark, Fernandez, Dummett, Willems; Almiron, Hayden, Shelvey, Atsu; Joelinton
Unavailable: Colback (Injured), Ritchie (Injured), Lascelles (Injured)
Doubtful: Lejeune (Injured), Yedlin (Injured), Saint-Maximin (Injured), Carroll (Injured)
Sheff Utd keep producing the goods and their seven-match unbeaten run has come against some decent teams. They welcome Newcastle to Bramall Lane keen to extend this streak but Steve Bruce's men will be tough to break down and this could easily be a stalemate or a match decided by one goal.