When does Norwich vs Southampton kick off? Friday 19th June, 2020 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Norwich vs Southampton being played? Carrow Road, Norwich
Where can I get tickets for Norwich vs Southampton? No tickets are available as this match will be played behind closed doors
What TV channel is Norwich vs Southampton on in the UK? Sky Sports & Sky Pick (Sky channel 159, Freeview channel 11, Freesat channel 144)
Where can I stream Norwich vs Southampton in the UK? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via Sky Go
THE TEAM NEWS
- Norwich return to league action sitting six points from safety and they will know it imperative to get a win under their belts as quickly as possible to boost their chances and confidence in the camp.
- This home match against Southampton is one they have to win so Daniel Farke’s men will adopt their usual style of play to go out and get the three points so their preferred 4-2-3-1 formation is likely.
- Byram and Hanley are both injury doubts but they have Klose back so there is a chance he could come back in central defence, while they will be hoping Teemu Pukki can hit the ground running and regain his goalscoring form.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Klose, Godfrey, Lewis; Tettey, McLean; Buendia, Vrancic, Cantwell; Pukki
Unavailable: Byram (Injured), Stiepermann (Illness), Hanley (Injured), Zimmermann (Injured)
Doubtful: Hernandez (Injured)
- Southampton return to action sitting comfortably away from the relegation zone but they will be keen to avoid defeat here against a team below them to ensure they do not get dragged back into the fight.
- The Saints handed boss Ralph Hasenhuttl a new four-year contract during the break to demonstrate their faith in him having been impressed at the way he has led the team to mid-table away from immediate relegation danger.
- He will be without Djenepo who was sent off in their last match while Long is an injury doubt but Armstrong and Redmond are fit again and both are expected to get the start here while Che Adams could get a chance up front to impress.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): McCarthy; Valery, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand; Armstrong, Ward-Prowse, Hojbjerg, Redmond; Ings, Adams
Unavailable: Djenepo (Suspended)
Doubtful: Long (Injured)
- Norwich have won only 3 of their last 24 league matches
- Norwich have lost only 1 of their last 5 home league matches
- Norwich have won by a score of 1-0 in 2 of their last 3 home league matches
- Norwich have lost to nil in 3 of their last 4 league matches
- Norwich have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 league matches
- Norwich have only failed to score in 2 of their previous 14 home league matches this season
- Norwich have scored the first goal in 7 of their last 8 home league matches
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Norwich's last 4 home league games
- Norwich have not scored a first half goal in their last 6 league matches
- Southampton have lost 5 of their last 6 matches in all competitions
- Southampton have won 4 of their last 6 matches against Norwich in all competitions
- Southampton have scored the first goal in 5 of their last 6 matches against Norwich in all competitions
- Southampton have only failed to score in 1 of their last 13 away league matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Southampton’s last 9 away league matches
This is a crunch match for Norwich and they really have to hit the ground running if they are to have any chance of survival. Three of their next four matches are at home but this match really will set the tone for what is to come for them. Southampton’s form was not great prior to the break but they remain a dangerous opponent due to their attacking quality. While many matches around Europe have started slowly and contained fewer goals than usual, this could buck the trend so expect both teams to score in what should be an entertaining game.