When does Newcastle vs Leicester kick off? Wednesday 1st January, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Newcastle vs Leicester being played? St. James' Park
What TV channel is Newcastle vs Leicester on in the UK? BT Sport 2
Where can I stream Newcastle vs Leicester in the UK? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Newcastle vs Leicester?
What was the score in the last meeting between Newcastle & Leicester? Leicester 0-0 Newcastle
THE TEAM NEWS
- Newcastle have lost their two games against Man Utd and Everton over the Christmas period but they remain safe in a mid-table position.
- They will be keen to re-establish St. James' Park as a fortress however and Steve Bruce will look for his men to improve defensively here.
- Lejeune and Schar are both doubts so Bruce will leave it as long as possible before deciding on his team though he may bring Clark back.
Predicted line-up (5-3-2): Dubravka; Javi Manquillo, Schar, Fernandez, Clark, Willems; Hayden, Shelvey, Almiron; Carroll, Gayle
Unavailable: Ritchie (Injured), Lascelles (Injured), Saint-Maximin (Injured)
Doubtful: Ki (Illness), Dummett (Injured), Lejeune (Injured), Joelinton (Injured), Schar (Injured), Clark (Injured)
- Leicester bounced back from their losses against Man City and Liverpool by beating West Ham despite Brendan Rodgers making nine changes.
- Premier League top goalscorer Jamie Vardy missed the game against West Ham due to the birth of his child but he is expected to return here.
- Rodgers is expected to revert to all of his regulars although he may hand Evans a rest and keep Morgan in central defence alongside Soyuncu.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Schmeichel; Ricardo Pereira, Morgan, Soyuncu, Chilwell; Ndidi; Praet, Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes; Vardy
Unavailable: James (Injured)
Doubtful: Vardy (Personal reasons), Ricardo Pereira (Injured)
Leicester were afforded the luxury of making nine changes against West Ham last time out yet still picking up the win but the same cannot be said for Steve Bruce and Newcastle. Their injuries are mounting and while their form has been strong at home this season, the Foxes have to be favoured here.