When does Newcastle vs Brighton kick off? Saturday 21st September, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Newcastle vs Brighton being played? St. James' Park
What are the expected weather conditions for Newcastle vs Brighton? Cloud, 17c
What TV channel is Newcastle vs Brighton on in the UK? Sky Sports Premier League
Where can I stream Newcastle vs Brighton in the UK? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Newcastle vs Brighton?
What was the score in the last meeting between Newcastle & Brighton? Brighton 1-1 Newcastle
THE TEAM NEWS
- Newcastle briefly threatened to upset Liverpool last week after taking an early lead but they eventually slipped to another defeat.
- Steve Bruce was not unhappy with the performance of his men in that game though he may consider changes if he recoups any players.
- Longstaff and Saint-Maximin are two players that may return from injury this week while Schar will need a late fitness test ahead of this.
Predicted line-up (5-4-1): Dubravka; Krafth, Lascelles, Schar, Dummett, Willems; Almiron, Shelvey, Hayden, Atsu; Joelinton
Unavailable: Colback (Injured), Lejeune (Injured), Longstaff (Injured), Ritchie (Injured), Gayle (Injured), Yedlin (Injured)
Doubtful: Carroll (Injured), Saint-Maximin (Injured), Schar (Injured)
- Brighton were denied a win at home to Burnley last week as they conceded a 91st-minute equaliser to drop two potentially vital points.
- Graham Potter retained his three central defenders with Burn as left wing-back in Montoya's absence but he switched to 4-2-3-1 mid-game.
- Unless Montoya is passed fit after a bout of tonsilitis, then Potter may name an unchanged side but with Webster and Burn as full-backs.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Ryan; Webster, Dunk, Duffy, Burn; Propper, Stephens; March, Gross, Maupay; Murray
Unavailable: Izquierdo (Injured), Trossard (Injured), Jahanbakhsh (Injured), Schelotto (Injured), Balogun (Injured)
Doubtful: Montoya (Illness), Bernardo (Injured)
A relegation fight could well be on the cards for both of these teams based on how they struggled last season and their average starts to the new campaign. Neither team can really afford to lose this match and there is every chance that both take a cautious approach and this ends as a stalemate.