2019-20 Premier League – Man City vs Sheffield Utd Preview & Prediction
When does Man City vs Sheffield Utd kick off? Sunday 29th December, 2019 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Man City vs Sheffield Utd being played? Etihad Stadium
What TV channel is Man City vs Sheffield Utd on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Man City vs Sheffield Utd in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Man City vs Sheffield Utd?
Sheffield Utd – https://tickets.sufc.co.uk/en-GB/categories/away
What was the score in the last meeting between Man City & Sheffield Utd? Sheffield Utd 2-1 Man City
THE TEAM NEWS
- City boss Pep Guardiola admitted the title race was over after watching his Man City team dramatically lose to Wolves 3-2 on Friday after leading 0-2.
- Ederson's red card was a key moment in that game and he will miss out here with Bravo set to come in while there should be more changes given that they played for virtually the whole game with just ten men.
- Joao Cancelo, Zinchenko, Gundogan and Foden could all come into the side while Aguero will start after being subbed off early last time out when Ederson was dismissed.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Bravo; Joao Cancelo, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Zinchenko; De Bruyne, Gundogan, Foden; Mahrez, Aguero, Sterling
Unavailable: Sane (Injured), Laporte (Injured), Ederson (Suspended)
Doubtful: Stones (Injured), David Silva (Injured), Gabriel Jesus (Illness)
- Sheff Utd were held to a draw at home to Watford on Boxing Day but that extends their unbeaten run to four where they have taken 10 points. during that time and their form continues to be excellent.
- Chris Wilder does not appear to have any new injury concerns although they will assess the fitness of their players ahead of this match.
- They will likely consider one or two changes with Mousset potentially coming into the attack while Robinson could come into midfield but it would be no surprise if they did go unchanged knowing that Man City have had one day less to prepare for this game.
Predicted line-up (3-5-2): Henderson; Basham, Egan, O'Connell; Baldock, Lundstram, Norwood, Fleck, Stevens; McGoldrick, Mousset
Doubtful: Moore (Injured)
City are formidable at home but this will be a tough test against an in-form Sheff Utd side who have had one extra day to rest ahead of this game. City may be physically and mentally drained after the Wolves loss in which they played for almost the entire game with just ten men so Chris Wilder's men can cause them plenty of problems. City have to be favoured but Pep may rotate significantly here and expect the visitor's to get on the scoresheet at least.