When does Burnley vs Aston Villa kick off? Wednesday 1st January, 2020 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Burnley vs Aston Villa being played? Turf Moor
What TV channel is Burnley vs Aston Villa on in the UK? BT Sport 2
Where can I stream Burnley vs Aston Villa in the UK? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Burnley vs Aston Villa?
What was the score in the last meeting between Burnley & Aston Villa? Aston Villa 2-2 Burnley
THE TEAM NEWS
- Burnley's inconsistency continues as after winning two games with clean sheets, they have lost their last two and failed to score in both.
- The last two defeats may convince Sean Dyche to make a couple of changes so Rodriguez and potentially Gudmundsson could come into the side.
- After his mistake for the first United goal and a couple of rash tackles, Taylor may drop to the bench here and be replaced by Pieters.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Pope; Bardsley, Tarkowski, Mee, Pieters; Hendrick, Westwood, Cork, McNeil; Rodriguez, Wood
Doubtful: Lennon (Illness), Gibson (Injured)
- Aston Villa remain in the relegation zone coming into this round of fixtures after their woeful 3-0 hammering at Watford last time out.
- Dean Smith made some rotations for that match but they backfired and he will likely now have to replace Targett who has a hamstring strain.
- Taylor will come in at left-back while Engels and Guilbert may come into the defence after the poor showing as Smith will likely reshufffle.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Heaton; Guilbert, Engels, Hause, Taylor; Nakamba, Hourihane, Douglas Luiz; El Ghazi, Wesley, Grealish
Unavailable: Steer (Injured), McGinn (Injured), Davis (Injured)
Doubtful: Targett (Injured), Mings (Injured)
Aston Villa desperately need to halt this poor away form if they are to survive relegation as they come off a woeful 3-0 loss at ten-man Watford. Burnley have lost their last two, but expect Sean Dyche to get his team back on track and expose Villa's defensive deficiencies in a tense affair.