When does Brighton vs Chelsea kick off? Wednesday 1st January, 2020 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Brighton vs Chelsea being played? The American Express Community Stadium
What TV channel is Brighton vs Chelsea on in the UK? BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Brighton vs Chelsea in the UK? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Brighton vs Chelsea?
What was the score in the last meeting between Brighton & Chelsea? Chelsea 2-0 Brighton
THE TEAM NEWS
- Brighton picked up their first win in five games against Bournemouth last time out as they put more distance between them and the drop zone.
- Graham Potter reunited Duffy and Dunk at the heart of the defence and they repaid him with a clean sheet so Webster may remain on the bench.
- With rotations likely however, Alzate, Stephens, Gross and Connolly could all return to the starting eleven as Potter freshens things up.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Ryan; Montoya, Dunk, Duffy, Burn; Mooy, Stephens, Alzate; Gross, Connolly, Trossard
Unavailable: Izquierdo (Injured), March (Injured)
- Chelsea produced an excellent second half display to come from behind and beat Arsenal at the Emirates after a poor first half performance.
- Frank Lampard brought Emerson off after a poor start to the game and switched from 3-4-3 to 4-3-3 which he will likely start with here.
- That means Jorginho likely comes into the team with Azpilicueta at left-back and Tomori at right-back with James and Alonso likely absent.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Kepa; Tomori, Rudiger, Zouma, Azpilicueta; Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic; Mount, Abraham, Willian
Unavailable: Van Ginkel (Injured), Loftus-Cheek (Injured)
Doubtful: James (Injured), Giroud (Injured), Marcos Alonso (Injured), Pulisic (Injured)
This promises to be an entertaining match between Brighton and Chelsea as has been the case in recent meetings between the two. Chelsea have won their last five league matches against Brighton and kept a clean sheet in four of them, so there is every chance that trend could continue here.