2019-20 Premier League – Aston Villa vs Southampton Preview & Prediction
When does Aston Villa vs Southampton kick off? Saturday 21st December, 2019 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Aston Villa vs Southampton being played? Villa Park
What TV channel is Aston Villa vs Southampton on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Aston Villa vs Southampton in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Aston Villa vs Southampton?
Southampton – https://southamptonfc.com/tickets/match-tickets
What was the score in the last meeting between Aston Villa & Southampton? Aston Villa 2-4 Southampton
THE TEAM NEWS
- Villa have lost their last three in the league as they slide down the table but they will be buoyed from their 5-0 midweek cup win
- Boss Dean Smith rotated his team in the match against an under-strength Liverpool side with some of them playing their way into contention.
- Hourihane, Douglas Luiz and Konsa could all come back into the starting eleven compared to the side that lost to Sheff Utd last weekend.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Heaton; Guilbert, Engels, Konsa, Targett; Hourihane, McGinn, Douglas Luiz; El Ghazi, Wesley, Grealish
Unavailable: Steer (Injured), Davis (Injured), Mings (Injured)
- After a brief revival, Southampton have now lost their last two games as they sit in the relegation zone and come into this crunch match.
- Boss Ralph Hasenhuttl will contemplate making one or two changes after the hugely disappointing 1-0 home defeat to West Ham last time out.
- Romeu and Adams are both pushing for starts and a switch to 4-3-3 could be in the offing to match up tactically against Villa's formation.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): McCarthy; Cedric, Bednarek, Stephens, Bertrand; Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Hojbjerg; Djenepo, Ings, Adams
Doubtful: Boufal (Injured), Valery (Injured)
This is something of a relegation six-pointer with both of these teams in trouble right now. Villa have slid down the table in recent weeks while Southampton have been poor on their travels. Villa's home form has been reasonable at least and they will be confident of taking at least a point here.