2019-20 Premier League – Arsenal vs Aston Villa Preview & Prediction
When does Arsenal vs Aston Villa kick off? Saturday 22nd September, 2019 – 16:30 (UK)
Where is Arsenal vs Aston Villa being played? Emirates Stadium
What are the expected weather conditions for Arsenal vs Aston Villa? Cloud, 21c
What TV channel is Arsenal vs Aston Villa on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Arsenal vs Aston Villa in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Arsenal vs Aston Villa?
Arsenal – https://www.arsenal.com/tickets
What was the score in the last meeting between Arsenal & Aston Villa? Arsenal 4-0 Aston Villa
THE TEAM NEWS
- Arsenal return to Premier League action as they start to juggle Europa League commitments with domestic action for the next few months.
- Unai Emery made big rotations in Europe last season so he will likely continue to prioritise the Premier League until the latter rounds.
- He may be tempted to stick with the 4-2-3-1 that he used at Watford last week althouh there is a chance that he could revert to 4-3-3.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Leno; Maitland-Niles, David Luiz, Sokratis, Kolasinac; Xhaka, Guendouzi; Pepe, Dani Ceballos, Ozil; Aubameyang
Unavailable: Lacazette (Injured)
Doubtful: Bellerin (Injured), Tierney (Injured), Mavropanos (Injured), Kolasinac (Injured)
- Aston Villa were held to a goalless draw on Monday night against West Ham as they were unable to score for a second consecutive match.
- They welcome back Trezeguet for this game after suspension and he may come back into the side for either El Ghazi or Jota on either flank.
- Dean Smith is unlikely to make any other major changes to his team unless he decides to bring Douglas Luiz back into the team for Nakamba.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Heaton; Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Taylor; Nakamba; Jota, McGinn, Grealish, El Ghazi; Wesley
Unavailable: Chester (Injured), Kodjia (Injured)
Doubtful: Targett (Injured)
Arsenal are formidable at home and while their away form and defence continues to be suspect, they always look strong at the Emirates. Aston Villa have failed to score in their last two and while the likes of Grealish may find plenty of space against the Gunners, Emery's team have to be favoured.