2019-20 League 2 Play-Offs – Northampton vs Cheltenham Preview & Prediction
When does Northampton vs Cheltenham kick off? Thursday 18th June, 2020 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Northampton vs Cheltenham being played? PTS Academy Stadium, Northampton
Where can I get tickets for Northampton vs Cheltenham? No tickets are available as this match will be played behind closed doors
What TV channel is Northampton vs Cheltenham on in the UK? Sky Sports have the rights to League 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Northampton vs Cheltenham in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
THE TEAM NEWS
- Northampton might have slipped out of the play-off places had the season continued such was their form prior to the season being halted.
- The Cobblers had lost five of their last seven matches before the enforced break and were defeated 2-1 at home against Mansfield in their last competitive match on March 7.
- It’s possible that the poor run of form will be put well behind them after a break of three months and they will be well-motivated by the fact that they are only three matches away from promotion.
- Cheltenham were the inform team in League Two when the season was halted in early March with five wins and a draw from their last six league matches.
- That superb run of form lifted moved them to within four points of the automatic promotion places with a game in hand so they will have been very frustrated at seeing their momentum stopped.
- Despite the break they will still be full of confidence going into the play-offs and having won three of their last four matches against Northampton they will have belief they can go back to Cheltenham with an advantage for the second leg.
It is difficult to truly assess how both teams will fare in their first competitive match for over three months but if we are to look at their form prior to the enforced break and recent meetings the signs are that Cheltenham are capable of taking a lead into the second leg. The visitors had the best defensive record in the league during the regular season and they are predicted to keep a clean sheet in the process of securing a narrow victory.