2019-20 League 2 Play-Offs – Exeter vs Northampton Preview & Prediction
When does Exeter vs Northampton kick off? Monday 29th June, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Exeter vs Northampton being played? Wembley Stadium
Where can I get tickets for Exeter vs Northampton? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What TV channel is Exeter vs Northampton on in the UK? Sky Sports have the rights to League 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Exeter vs Northampton in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
THE TEAM NEWS
- Exeter City successfully overturned a 1-0 first leg deficit against Colchester United to make it through to the League Two play-off final at Wembley for the third time in four years.
- Ryan Bowman scored the crucial winning goal in extra-time in a thrilling second leg encounter that finished 2-1 after normal time - that victory ended a run of six games without a win for Exeter.
- Lee Martin missed out through injury in the second leg against Colchester and it’s uncertain if he will be fit enough to play a part in this match.
- Northampton’s chances of a place in the final looked to be very slim when they went into the second leg of their semi-final against Cheltenham trailing 2-0 from the first leg.
- They defied the odds though to claim a tremendous 3-0 victory, an early goal from Vadaine Oliver gave them an ideal start to the game and Callum Morton’s double in the second half completed a memorable turnaround.
- With no fresh injury problems reported it is unlikely that Keith Curle will make any significant changes to the team for the final.
This match will have a strange feel to it as Wembley stadium will be devoid of fans due to the restrictions in place because of the coronavirus pandemic, and it could be a very cagey encounter as both teams adapt to the surroundings. Regardless of the lack of atmosphere both teams will be highly-motivated and it should still be an intriguing contest that looks to have the potential to go to extra-time. Backing the match to be a draw after 90 minutes of play is the betting tip.