2019-20 League 2 Play-Offs – Cheltenham vs Northampton Preview & Prediction
When does Cheltenham vs Northampton kick off? Monday 22nd June, 2020 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Cheltenham vs Northampton being played? Jonny-Rocks Stadium, Cheltenham
Where can I get tickets for Cheltenham vs Northampton? No tickets are available as this match will be played behind closed doors
What TV channel is Cheltenham vs Northampton on in the UK? Sky Sports have the rights to League 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Cheltenham vs Northampton in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
THE TEAM NEWS
- Cheltenham hold the advantage coming into this match having earned a 2-0 win at Northampton in the first leg of this League Two play-off semi-final tie.
- Goals from Charlie Raglan and Conor Thomas gave them the victory, but the contribution of goalkeeper Owen Evans was also immense as he saved a penalty and made several other important interventions.
- Cheltenham were on a run of tremendous form before the enforced break and victory in the first leg extended their impressive sequence to six wins and draw in their last seven matches.
- Northampton Town face an uphill task to reach the League Two play-off final as they must try to overturn a 2-0 deficit from the first leg last Thursday evening.
- It was a game of frustration for Northampton in that match as they had a number of good chances during the contest that were thwarted - including a penalty from Ryan Watson which was saved.
- Keith Curle is likely to make some alterations to the team and he is at least helped by the fact that top scorer Will Hoskins is available for selection again after suspension.
Cheltenham secured a two-goal advantage from the first leg giving Northampton plenty to do if they are to turn the tie around. The home team won’t mind taking a more cautious approach to this game and will hope to snatch another goal on the counter-attack as Northampton commit men forward. Cheltenham have won six and drawn one of their last seven matches - with only two goals conceded during that sequence - and such is their confidence due to that run, it is tough to see Northampton coming out on top and a low-scoring draw is the predicted outcome.