When does Southend vs Peterborough kick off? Tuesday 20th August, 2019 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Southend vs Peterborough being played? Roots Hall Stadium
What is the weather forecast for Southend vs Peterborough? Clear, 16c
What television channel is Southend vs Peterborough on? Sky have the rights to League 1 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking the Sky Sports schedule
Where can I stream Southend vs Peterborough? If the match is televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Southend vs Peterborough?
Southend – https://www.southendunited.co.uk/tickets/
Peterborough – https://www.theposh.com/tickets/
What was the score when the teams last met? Peterborough 2-0 Southend
THE TEAM NEWS
- Southend United have lost their first three league games of the season for the first time since 1992 after collapsing to a 4-0 defeat at Lincoln City on Saturday, and pressure is on manager Kevin Bond already.
- Centre-back Harry Lennon will be assessed after sitting out the trip to Lincoln due to a head injury, while striker Brandon Goodship is back in training and could be involved.
- Bond has changed his formation and personnel in every game so far this season so changes are expected here, with loanees Ethan Hamilton and Layton Ndukwu both in contention for their full debuts.
Predicted line-up (3-5-2): Bishop; Lennon, Shaughnessy, White; Bwomono, Milligan, Mantom, Hamilton, Ralph; Cox, Humphrys
Unavailable: Barratt (Injured), Hopper (Injured), Kyprianou (Injured), Gard (Injured), Demetriou (Injured), Dieng (Injured), Kiernan (Injured)
Doubtful: Goodship (Injured), Lennon (Injured)
- Peterborough United were denied victory by a stoppage-time equaliser at home to Ipswich Town on Saturday but they did at least get their first point on the board.
- Posh have signed Nathan Thompson from Portsmouth to provide competition for Niall Mason at right-back, with Jason Naismith looking to leave the club, and Thompson is likely to be in the squad.
- Manager Darren Ferguson has a full squad to pick from but he will almost certainly stick with his front two of Ivan Toney and Mohamed Eisa after both got on the scoresheet against Ipswich.
Predicted line-up (4-1-2-1-2): Pym; Mason, Kent, Beevers, Blake-Tracy; Reed; Knight, Boyd; Maddison; Toney, Mohamed Eisa
Unavailable: Naismith (Out of favour), Woodyard (Out of favour)
Southend have conceded eight goals in their first three league games, the most in the division. Peterborough have conceded six themselves and five of their last six League 1 matches have produced over 2.5 goals. In any case, there should be goals here with both sides desperate for a win.