When does Stoke vs QPR kick off? Saturday 3rd August, 2019 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Stoke vs QPR being played? Bet365 Stadium
What is the weather forecast for Stoke vs QPR? Cloudy, 22c
What television channel is Stoke vs QPR on? Sky have the rights to Championship matches in the UK, so it is worth checking the Sky Sports schedule
Where can I stream Stoke vs QPR? If the match is televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Stoke vs QPR?
What was the score when the teams last met? QPR 0-0 Stoke
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Butland; Smith, Batth, Martins-Indi, Ward; Woods, Allen, Powell; Vokes, Afobe, McClean
Unavailable: Shawcross (Injured), Ince (Injured), Lindsay (Suspended)
- Stoke City were the Championship’s draw specialists last season with a staggering 22 stalemates, three higher than any other team.
- Manager Nathan Jones will have been desperate for that season to end to get a pre-season under his belt and it will be interesting to see what his starting XI looks like. It will not feature Ryan Shawcross, who broke his leg in their recent game against Leicester.
- The Potters have done some excellent business in free transfers, including the signing of Tommy Smith from Huddersfield, Nick Powell from Wigan and Jordan Cousins from QPR while they continue to try and offload Saido Berahino.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Lumley; Rangel, Hall, Barbet, Manning; Amos, Ball; Osayi-Samuel, Scowen, Shodipo; Eze
Doubtful: Luongo (Personal reasons)
- Queens Park Rangers flattered to deceive under Steve McClaren in the early stages of the Championship as 11 of their 14 wins came before Christmas and they were in relegation form for the rest of the season.
- New manager Mark Warburton is tasked with reducing the squad size and reimagining the starting XI after a host of first-teamers have left the club and loan-signings like top-scorer Nahki Wells and Tomer Hemed return to their clubs.
- Jordan Hugill and Jan Mlakar are signed on loan from West Ham and Brighton respectively as QPR’s only recognised centre-forwards, with the former scoring just six goals on loan at Middlesbrough last season.
Stoke will be fascinating in the early stages of this new season after a truly dismal campaign and Nathan Jones will demand a fast start from his team. QPR are under new management and it may take some time for Mark Warburton to implement his ideas which should favour the hosts here.
BETTING TIP: (Stoke to win) Match result