2019-20 Championship – Sheffield Wednesday vs Nottingham Forest Preview & Prediction
When does Sheffield Wednesday vs Nottingham Forest kick off? Saturday 20th June, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Sheffield Wednesday vs Nottingham Forest being played? Hillsborough, Sheffield
Where can I get tickets for Sheffield Wednesday vs Nottingham Forest? No tickets are available as this match will be played behind closed doors
What TV channel is Sheffield Wednesday vs Nottingham Forest on in the UK? Sky Sports have the rights to Championship matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Sheffield Wednesday vs Nottingham Forest in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
THE TEAM NEWS
- With eight points separating them from the top six and nine points separating them from the bottom three, Sheffield Wednesday’s season resumes in immediate danger of petering out instantly with very little to play for.
- The Owls had lost their last two games before the season was suspended, leaving fans frustrated at the prospect of another season without troubling the play-off places.
- Manager Garry Monk has revealed that on-loan midfielder Josh Windass may miss out on this game due to injury but striker Steven Fletcher is back in training and could feature.
- Nottingham Forest sit in fifth place with a five-point gap between themselves and seventh placed Bristol City and their goal for the remaining nine games will be to ensure they hold on to that play-off spot.
- It has been a successful first season at the helm for manager Sabri Lamouchi with his side having won 16 of their 37 league games so far this season, losing just nine.
- Influential midfielders Samba Sow and Ben Watson are doubts for this weekend’s game with knee and ankle problems respectively, although Lamouchi hopes that both will play some part in the match.
An intriguing encounter looks in store here between two famous old clubs. Whilst Sheffield Wednesday have seemingly little to play for, Forest cannot afford to rest on their laurels as any sort of slip-up could allow the play-off chasing pack to close the gap on them. With that in mind, expect a fast start from Forest and an early first goal for the visitors on their way to an away victory.