When does Reading vs Stoke kick off? Saturday 20th June, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Reading vs Stoke being played? Madejski Stadium, Reading
Where can I get tickets for Reading vs Stoke? No tickets are available as this match will be played behind closed doors
What TV channel is Reading vs Stoke on in the UK? Sky Sports have the rights to Championship matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Reading vs Stoke in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
THE TEAM NEWS
- Reading currently sit in 14th place with seemingly little to play for with very little chance of troubling the play-off places or the relegation spots.
- The Royals were starting to nervously over their shoulders before winning their last two league matches to create clear breathing space between them and the relegation pack.
- Manager Mark Bowen may have one eye in next season during these final nine matches and could look to feature more young players from the club’s successful academy to complement his regular first team players.
- After spending most of the season in the bottom three, Stoke have worked hard to find themselves three points clear of danger before the season was temporarily curtailed.
- Michael O’Neill has done a fantastic job of reviving the Potters since coming into the club but he may not be able to take charge against Reading after testing positive for COVID-19 nearly two weeks ago.
- Stoke should be boosted by the availability of defender James Chester who has committed to the club for the run-in and long serving centre-back Ryan Shawcross could also feature for the first time in 2020 after O’Neill revealed that he has made good progress in training.
Reading have seemingly little to play for having found themselves marooned in mid-table obscurity. Stoke, meanwhile, still find themselves in a fierce relegation battle and must be up for the fight to avoid being dragged back into the bottom three. The Potters ultimately need a positive result far more than Reading do and that desperation along with the good form shown pre-lockdown could see Stoke battle to secure a vital three points here.