2019-20 Championship – Reading vs Sheffield Wednesday Betting Preview & Prediction
When does Reading vs Sheffield Wednesday kick off? Saturday 3rd August, 2019 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Reading vs Sheffield Wednesday being played? Madejski Stadium
What is the weather forecast for Reading vs Sheffield Wednesday? Cloudy, 22c
What television channel is Reading vs Sheffield Wednesday on? Sky have the rights to Championship matches in the UK, so it is worth checking the Sky Sports schedule
Where can I stream Reading vs Sheffield Wednesday? If the match is televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Reading vs Sheffield Wednesday?
Reading – https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/
Sheffield Wednesday – https://www.swfc.co.uk/tickets/
What was the score when the teams last met? Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 Reading
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Joao Virginia; Yiadom, Miazga, Moore, Blackett; Rinomhota, Swift, Adam; Loader, Meite, Barrow
Unavailable: Obita (Injured)
Doubtful: Richards (Injured)
- Reading manager Jose Gomes will be glad to get a first pre-season under his belt after taking over from Paul Clement last season and he continues to trim down and hone the squad that battled to avoid relegation.
- Seasoned Championship players Charlie Adam and Michael Morrison join the Royals from Stoke and Birmingham respectively, while Matt Miazga has re-joined on loan from Chelsea after his success in defence in the second-half of last season.
- Gomes has been putting the Royals through their paces with a mammoth 10 pre-season friendlies played over the summer as he aims to avoid the horror start suffered last season that saw them go six games without a win.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Westwood; Palmer, Lees, Borner, Fox; Reach, Lee, Hutchinson, Bannan; Rhodes, Fletcher
Unavailable: Iorfa (Suspended)
Doubtful: Forestieri (Suspended)
- As the fallout over Steve Bruce’s departure for Newcastle United rolls on, Sheffield Wednesday will start the season under caretaker manager Lee Bullen, who won three, drew two and lost just the one of his six league games in charge earlier this year.
- Wednesday have been scoring plenty of goals in pre-season, with Bullen making his desire for the permanent role known to the board.
- The Owls have signed winger Kadeem Harris from Cardiff City, full-back Moses Odubajo and centre-back Julian Borner on free transfers as a host of fringe players leave the club and they look to be something of a mystery at the start of this season.
Reading will be tough to beat under Jose Gomes but much of his success was down to some excellent loan signings and their transfer business will be pivotal. Sheffield Wednesday are in transition yet again, but some key players have returned from injury and they can help cancel out Reading here.
BETTING TIP: (Draw) Match result