2019-20 Championship – Nottingham Forest vs West Brom Betting Preview & Prediction
When does Nottingham Forest vs West Brom kick off? Saturday 3rd August, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Nottingham Forest vs West Brom being played? The City Ground
What is the weather forecast for Nottingham Forest vs West Brom? Sunny, 19c
What television channel is Nottingham Forest vs West Brom on? Sky have the rights to Championship matches in the UK, so it is worth checking the Sky Sports schedule
Where can I stream Nottingham Forest vs West Brom? If the match is televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Nottingham Forest vs West Brom?
Nottingham Forest – https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/tickets/
West Brom – https://www.wba.co.uk/tickets/
What was the score when the teams last met? West Brom 2-2 Nottingham Forest
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Muric; Cash, Milosevic, Dawson, Robinson; Semedo, Watson; Lolley, Tiago Silva, Adomah; Grabban
Unavailable: Hefele (Injured), Joao Carvalho (Injured)
Doubtful: Benalouane (Injured)
- Nottingham Forest had a typically turbulent Championship 2018-19 season with plenty of early success under Aitor Karanka turned sour, followed by some stability under Martin O’Neill that saw them finish in ninth place.
- Former player O’Neill was subsequently sacked and replaced by new manager Sabri Lamouchi, with Forest also cutting as many as seven players from their squad.
- Forest will look a very different side come the first game of the season but the signing of Arijanet Muric from Manchester City on loan could certainly help them shore up a questionable defence as they seek to convert some of the 11 score draws they played last season into wins.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Johnstone; Furlong, Ajayi, Bartley, Gibbs; Krovinovic, Livermore; Phillips, Sawyers, Burke; Zohore
Unavailable: Hegazi (Injured), Brunt (Suspended), Robson-Kanu (Suspended)
Doubtful: Gibbs (Injured)
- West Bromwich Albion seemed to capitulate as the pressure mounted in the race for promotion last season and their sacking of Darren Moore backfired. They welcome Slaven Bilic as their new manager
- There will likely be a whole new attacking line-up for West Brom this year after Dwight Gayle returned to Newcastle and Jay Rodriguez was signed by Burnley, with Hal Robson Kanu suspended for this first match of the new season.
- The Baggies were prolific in front of goal last season, second only to Championship winners Norwich City in goals scored, but without Gayle, Rodriguez and indeed Salomon Rondon they will struggle to emulate their tally of 87.
Nottingham Forest appear to be attempting a Wolverhampton Wanderers model with their new manager Sabri Lamouchi preceded by three new signings from Portugal. West Brom could be on to a winner with manager Slaven Bilic but this fixture saw two score draws last season and could go the same way here.
BETTING TIP: (Draw) Match result and both teams to score