When does Luton vs Preston kick off? Saturday 20th June, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Luton vs Preston being played? Kenilworth Road, Luton
Where can I get tickets for Luton vs Preston? No tickets are available as this match will be played behind closed doors
What TV channel is Luton vs Preston on in the UK? Sky Sports have the rights to Championship matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Luton vs Preston in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
THE TEAM NEWS
- Luton return to action facing a huge task to stay in the SkyBet Championship, with the Hatters currently six points adrift of safety in 23rd place.
- Manager Graeme Jones left the club during the season’s suspension, with finances cited as the main reason for his departure.
- Nathan Jones has returned to the club for a second stint as the club’s manager after originally leaving for Stoke City just over a year ago, which could lead to the likes of Danny Hylton, James Shea and Luke Berry, former favourites under Jones, featuring more prominently.
- Preston narrowly occupy the final SkyBet Championship playoff spot and will need to hit the ground running come the restart with the likes of Bristol City and Millwall hot on their heels.
- Having lost their last three league games, an unscheduled break may have come at an ideal time for the Lilywhites.
- Manager Alex Neil claims his side are in a better shape now than they were before the season stopped, although two players tested positive for COVID-19 at the end of May with one being striker Jayden Stockley.
Both sides need to win here for very different reasons. Whilst Preston are a better team on paper and will be considered favourites, Luton have a new manager at the helm who already knows his squad of players extremely well. Combine that with home advantage, alongside Preston's poor run of form pre-lockdown and Luton look well placed to pull off a narrow victory.