When does Huddersfield vs Derby kick off? Monday 5th August, 2019 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Huddersfield vs Derby being played? The John Smith's Stadium
What is the weather forecast for Huddersfield vs Derby? Cloudy, 17c
What television channel is Huddersfield vs Derby on? Sky have the rights to Championship matches in the UK, so it is worth checking the Sky Sports schedule
Where can I stream Huddersfield vs Derby? If the match is televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Huddersfield vs Derby?
Huddersfield – https://www.eticketing.co.uk/huddersfieldtown/
What was the score when the teams last met? Derby 1-1 Huddersfield
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Grabara; Bockhorn, Elphick, Kongolo, Hadergjonaj; Mooy, Bacuna, Hogg; Mbenza, Grant, Van La Parra
Unavailable: Mounie (Rested), Duhaney (Injured)
- Huddersfield manager Jan Siewert was brought in with promotion back to the Premier league in mind months before the Terriers’ eventual relegation last season and he looks to have had an excellent pre-season ahead of his first full season in charge.
- The loss of Philip Billing to Bournemouth and Jonas Lossl to Everton will be felt but right-winger Isaac Mbenza showed in flashes last year that he could be a big player for the Terriers and they have managed to sign him permanently from Montpellier.
- It will be interesting to see if Huddersfield can make a challenge for the title this season, with promotion via the play-offs a more reasonable aim, but they will face Derby County for the first time in over two years on Monday with the Rams in transition.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Roos; Bogle, Keogh, Davies, Malone; Huddlestone; Josefzoon, Dowell, Bennett, Lawrence; Waghorn
Unavailable: Wisdom (Injured), Forsyth (Injured), Carson (Injured), Thorne (Injured), Marriott (Injured), Holmes (Injured)
- Derby County lost out on promotion to the Premier League to Aston Villa in the play-off final back in May and subsequently lost manager Frank Lampard to his former club Chelsea, with former PSV Eindhoven manager Phillip Cocu taking over.
- The Rams will feel the loss of their excellent loan-signings from last season, Chelsea’s Mason Mount and Liverpool’s Harry Wilson, who were responsible for 25 league goals between them.
- Kieran Dowell will join the Rams on loan from Everton after impressing in a Sheffield United shirt last season and could well slot in where winger Wilson played so well.
Jan Siewert is yet to prove himself at Huddersfield but if Daniel Farke’s eventual success at Norwich is anything to go by the Borussia Dortmund product could take the league by storm. A home match in front of their strong support against a Derby side in transition could see a vital opening day win.
BETTING TIP: (Huddersfield to win) Match result