2019-20 Championship – Bristol City vs Leeds Utd Betting Preview & Prediction
When does Bristol City vs Leeds Utd kick off? Sunday 4th August, 2019 – 16:30 (UK)
Where is Bristol City vs Leeds Utd being played? Ashton Gate Stadium
What is the weather forecast for Bristol City vs Leeds Utd? Cloudy, 21c
What television channel is Bristol City vs Leeds Utd on? Sky have the rights to Championship matches in the UK, so it is worth checking the Sky Sports schedule
Where can I stream Bristol City vs Leeds Utd? If the match is televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Bristol City vs Leeds Utd?
What was the score when the teams last met? Bristol City 0-1 Leeds Utd
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (4-4-1-1): Bentley; Hunt, Kalas, Wright, Dasilva; Eliasson, Brownhill, Pack, O'Dowda; Weimann; Diedhiou
Unavailable: Semenyo (Suspended), Smith (Injured)
Doubtful: Webster (Personal reasons), Wright (Injured)
- It looked like Bristol City might over-achieve last season by reaching the Championship play-off places but the moment may have got to them as they won just four of their last 10 league games.
- The acquisition of Tomas Kalas and Jay Dasilva from Chelsea is excellent business after the pair spent the 2018-19 season on loan at Ashton Gate and it looks as if the Robins will benefit greatly from Premier League teams poaching their defenders before the window is over.
- It is difficult to tell whether the Robins can push on from their efforts last year and make a more protracted play-off challenge but this tough first match with Leeds could be a good marker, having lost both matches to Bielsa’s side last season.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Casilla; Dallas, White, Cooper, Douglas; Phillips; Helder Costa, Pablo Hernandez, Klich, Harrison; Bamford
Unavailable: Roofe (Injured), Berardi (Suspended), Ayling (Injured)
Doubtful: Alioski (Injured), Forshaw (Injured), Roberts (Injured)
- Leeds United fell away from the promotion race in a worrying way at the end of last season and then shockingly lost 2-4 at home to Frank Lampard’s Derby County in the play-off semi-finals.
- Leeds will be without two important first-teamers for the start of the season as full-back Luke Ayling misses out after ankle surgery and last season’s top-scorer Kemar Roofe also contends with an ankle issue.
- Marcelo Bielsa will no doubt be working overtime to increase his players’ fitness ahead of another gruelling Championship season and the addition of Wolves’ Helder Costa on loan will certainly increase their attacking threat.
It was so close for both Bristol City and Leeds in their respective challenges for promotion last season and it will be interesting to see if they will push on or fall away. Marcelo Bielsa’s side should benefit from an intense pre-season and could make their intentions clear with a tough win here.
BETTING TIP: (Leeds United) Draw no bet