2019-20 Championship – Brentford vs Birmingham Betting Preview & Prediction
When does Brentford vs Birmingham kick off? Saturday 3rd August, 2019 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Brentford vs Birmingham being played? Griffin Park
What is the weather forecast for Brentford vs Birmingham? Sunny, 22c
What television channel is Brentford vs Birmingham on? Sky have the rights to Championship matches in the UK, so it is worth checking the Sky Sports schedule
Where can I stream Brentford vs Birmingham? If the match is televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Brentford vs Birmingham?
Birmingham – https://www.eticketing.co.uk/bcfc/Events/Index
What was the score when the teams last met? Birmingham 0-0 Brentford
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (3-4-3): David Raya; Pinnock, Jansson, Jeanvier; Dalsgaard, Jensen, Norgaard, Henry; Watkins, Maupay, Sergi Canos
Doubtful: Maupay (Personal reasons), Benrahma (Personal reasons), Watkins (Personal reasons)
- Brentford will be hoping for an easier time of it under Thomas Frank this season after a horrendous transition between his tenure and the departing Dean Smith saw the Bees lose eight of their next 10 Championship matches and drop out of the play-offs.
- Brentford have made some big investments defensively to compliment their already excellent attack with Leeds’ centre-back Pontus Janson and defensive midfielders Christian Norgaard and Mathias Jensen bought in from Europe.
- The Bees drew with their first opponents Birmingham City in both fixtures of last year’s Championship season but they will fancy their chances at home to a Blues side in transition and less potent up front.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Stockdale; Clarke-Salter, Dean, Roberts; Colin, G. Gardner, Davis, Pedersen; Crowley, Mrabti; Jutkiewicz
Unavailable: Kieftenbeld (Injured)
- Birmingham City ended up in 17th place at the close of play last season but they did suffer a nine-points deduction for breaching EFL rules which could otherwise have seen them safely in mid-table.
- Garry Monk was sacked soon after and replaced by his assistant manager Pep Clotet although notably the Spaniard is officially the Blues’ caretaker manager, with the club seemingly not searching for a new permanent manager at this time.
- The Blues have lost their top-scorer from last season Che Adams to Southampton and fans-favourite Jota to rivals Aston Villa which could really hamper their attack, with pressure on Lukas Jutkiewicz to improve on his 14 goals scored in all competitions last season.
Brentford have been making plenty of defensive signings to complement their excellent forward line and it will be interesting to see what Thomas Frank can do with a pre-season. The Bees face Birmingham under new management yet again and can take advantage of a team in transition with a home win.
BETTING TIP: (Brentford to win) Match result